Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 Silverado with the extending camper, blinker mirrors. Where is everyone putting the convex mirrors? The only way I see is to cover part of the blinker or put it near the door, but this is not where it works best. Any other ideas or products to look at?

Thanks.

Robert

·
Registered
21 Posts
Me too Rob. The vision out of the passenger mirror is horrible without the convex, almost dangerous in my opinion.

I asked tophog if there is replacement "convex" blinker and heated glass we could replace that with. His supplier said that alot of folks break the replacement trying to install it.

For now I have a simple stick on convex mirror that I put on from Pep Boys. It is about half the size of the glass, but it is only a temporary fix for now. I will probably try the replacement glass sooner or later.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I just put a small stick on convex from Autozone. I installed it close to the truck. There are a couple different size mirrors to choose from. I think the small ones are the only ones that will not effect your vision on the rest of the mirror. I think it works pretty good.

But the stock mirrors are dangerous IMHO. When I first got the truck I tried for days to get the mirror adjusted so I could see everything. I thought it was just me then I realized that the mirror was not convex. I can not tell you how many cars I ran off the road..haha..

Jesse

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
I put a large mirror in the outside lower corner of both mirrors. It fits the out side corner of the mirror perfectly. Yes it does cover up most of the blinker. Would you rather have somebody see your blinker or see somebody in your blind spot?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Has anyone thought that there was a fire truck or police behind them after you have the blinker on for a second or two..... Those mirror blinkers get me once and a while. Must have been all those drugs when I was young......haha...

Jesse

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Thanks for giving me that link. I always wondered who made these miserable blind spot non-stop vibrating mirrors that are on my truck. I just emailed them and asked them how to fix my mirrors! Sorry for the tone. 40k and I can't see a clear image in my driver side mirror and my passenger mirror has a blind spot you could fit a semi through.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts