Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a few time my mirror temp flashes the temp then "ICE" both times it was around 37*F. We looked in the manual but there was nothing...maybe we missed it..or there is just nothing written about it. So what does flashing "ICE" mean.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Means it's cold enough out for ice to form on the road way if moisture was present ...

Mac

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really....but it was 37*F
and it was matching the temps on the bank signs.

Thanks for the info, I thought that would have been in the book.

Edited by: NoWake200

·
Registered
183 Posts
37º is the temp that the "ICE" warning is programmed to come on at. If you have air temps of 37º, then it's entirely possible to have colder ground temps and black ice on road surfaces. Sometimes I've wondered the same thing, but I also know I've seen it read that temp and even higher and there is still ice in various spots on the road.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
<A href="http://service.gm.com/servlets/BlobShtml?ShtmlFile=1235705&psdid=437&evc=sm#ss5-1235705" target="_blank">
<H5>Temperature Display</A></H5>

The inside rearview mirror monitors the ambient air temperature sensor. As the outside air temperature gets warmer, the ambient air temperature sensor will lower resistance. The inside rearview mirror monitors this change and will show this as a warmer temperature on the display. Temperatures exceeding 62°C (143°F) will be out of the mirror's temperature range and SC will be shown on the temperature display. In colder outside air temperatures, the ambient air temperature sensor will raise in resistance. The inside rearview mirror will show a colder temperature on the display. Temperatures lower than -40°C (-40°F) will be out of the mirror's temperature range which OC will be shown on the temperature display. In cold temperatures such as 3°C (37°F) or below, the temperature display will show ICE when the ignition is first turned on. The display will toggle between ICE and the actual outside temperature until the temperature update process is complete.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GMCSID, thank you for the info! Is that in our owners manual?

On a side note I hope I NEVER see those two tempetures on my mirror!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts