Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if i can put the power telescopic mirrors on any 02 that has power mirror with def without a bunch of trouble if there will be trouble what is it ? if i run wires will the turn signals work?

·
Registered
62 Posts
If I were you, I would put the '06 towing mirrors on instead of the power telescoping mirrors. I have an '05, and I just replaced the power extending with the '06 towing, and I like them sooooo much more than my old mirrors. You can see so much better. You wouldn't have to worry about trying to wire up the power extending feature either.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i like the look of the power tele mirrors better i thought i read somewhere that a gm dealer can reprogram the switch to do the power tele

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I thought the tele function was just defaulted to the endpoint of the mirror's horizontal adjustment. Outward endpoint begins the extension and inward endpoint retracts it. No separate channel would be needed that way.

·
Registered
132 Posts
does any one else have any imput on this? I am going to be putting on a set of 05 power extend tow mirrors Ihave 05 power fold now and was wondering if it was going to be a plug and play install or what has to be done any body done this?:help2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Will have to have a Flash

I just installed the Pwr Extend on an 05 2500HD and everything works except the retract, it tilts the mirrors down instead. I think re flash will correct problem but it's Saturday and the dealer is closed.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
it can be done I have done it for another member. dont even need to change door switches only program both door modules.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have access to some 05 extenda mirror's. Do you guys know of any way that I can swapout the 01 oem mirrors on my 01 2500 HD with the 05 entda mirror with out to much problem. The mirror will mount just fine but the connection is differant. Thanks for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts