Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
My 2003 2500HD has power extending mirrors and I would like to get add on/ clip on extensions because extended I stress to see the sides of my fifth wheel. I looked at slide on mirrors a few years back and the power mirrors are too small for them to clamp on. Anyone out there know of any mirrors that would fit on the outside of my mirrors to enhance my view?

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
You've got the accordion style mirrors?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mirrors

Yes they are the accordion style and the housings are not as tall as the regular fold in/out so the slide and clamp on style extensions are too large.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I had that style on my truck, and also had trouble just seeing past front of the flat deck on it. I tried some bubble mirrors on them, which helped a little, but I switched to these:
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=6098499&cc=1425260&jsn=548

They both pull out a little further than the accordion ones, and the bottom curved mirror helps both with curbs and cars just beside the deck.

But they are manual-extension...

·
Registered
611 Posts
I also did the 06 style on the 02 I had. They may be manual extend but at least they will extend unlike the power which after a while the gears seem to strip. At least that was what happened to my power out mirrors

Reactions: Beareair640

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I plan on upgrading the mirrors to the pull out style manual style, Thanks.

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
What type did you end up going with?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts