Diesel Place banner

This poll is a simple way to list our club members. :)


  • Total voters
    52
1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK Everyone, I have seen Sticky's around about DP Clubs popping up around here. ("Diesel Place Regional Clubs.") And as This Thread explains they would create our own section to Arrange GTG's, Chat, etc. Since we have had a few successful GTG's I thought this would be a good idea. I just want to see who all would be Interested!!! Thanks, Tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Tim, I also think that would be a great idea. I would definetely be interested and im sure others would be as well. It would be a great opportunity to make others aware of this site and would make it alot easier to arange successful GTG's.

i would for sure be interested and would do anything to help make it a reality.

lets get some numbers of people that are interested and lets see if we can get something started here!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,556 Posts
Let me know if you want a link in your signature. Please PM me with this in the PM.:)

[*url=http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132462][*B]Click here for the Minnesota/Western Wisconson DP Club![/B][/url]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
I think this would be a good idea. Seems like we have a good dozen or so folks that are available to come out to these semi regularly. I'm sure we could have a large event spring and summer/fall that would bring the folks out.

Lets get it done. I will help out in any way I can. Hell would love to get everyone together to head to rock falls a couple times a year. maybe try to convince them to setup a with the DHRA or something for us smokers. hahahahaha.

Jon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
maybe we should set up another meeting for the near future and see what sort of a response we get out of that and then we can actually make the meeting geared twards getting a club started. Im sure if we had a turn out like the last meeting of around ten members that would be a great start. Then all it takes it to make up some flyers and stuff and chase down those others people you see cruising the roads in diesels and give em a flyer and see if there interested.
Give it a couple weeks and im sure it could grow from a couple members to a couple dozen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
StrokerSmoker24;1561286; said:
maybe we should set up another meeting for the near future and see what sort of a response we get out of that and then we can actually make the meeting geared twards getting a club started. Im sure if we had a turn out like the last meeting of around ten members that would be a great start. Then all it takes it to make up some flyers and stuff and chase down those others people you see cruising the roads in diesels and give em a flyer and see if there interested.
Give it a couple weeks and im sure it could grow from a couple members to a couple dozen.
Good Idea, We should have more Interest here at DP in this give it a week or two, The Idea is just social GTG's maybe sponsor some Diesel events around town etc. Its just social no obligation to come to GTG's or events
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
Maybe a meeting at a track or somewhere there is a dyno for a dyno day or drag day would be a lot of fun could maybe get a deal on a dyno for the day if we had enough guys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mattofferdahl9;1561539; said:
Maybe a meeting at a track or somewhere there is a dyno for a dyno day or drag day would be a lot of fun could maybe get a deal on a dyno for the day if we had enough guys
Yep thats what I was thinking, Anything is possible
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
going to have to sneak a tranny in my truck in the meantime
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
have a couple of raceways to choose from. I would think that Rock falls is probably the closest to the twin cities.

Brainerd could work, but the 1/4 mile track shares the road race track, so lots of scheduling issues there, but first class track and with new owners up there, may be something to look into.

Hitech has always been good to the MN turbo diesel guys. They usually do a couple dyno days a year for the diesel guys, and only $50 for two pulls and they usually spring for pizzas for everyone.

Jon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
It's been a busy winter for me, and haven't been able to make the get togethers. However I would be very interested in the DP club and would be willing to help out as well. My daughter races ATV's and has a couple more indoor races this winter(1 in Feb and in Mar) but if I can get some time between or after I'm in for helping. Also a note: a friend of mine who works at shop just south of the metro is opening a new larger shop in the next month or so and is installing a dyno. Might be something to also consider.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
That is an option to. I'm game for just about anything. Need to try to coordinate for a weekend I don't have my kids for me to be able to easily go.

Jon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
Where's your friends shop I live near Burnsville? I know Jon Haley has one and Doug rippie but their car guys what about John Kennedy? Doesn't he have a dyno but how far is that from the cities. If anyone has a spot in mind we can make a couple of calls and work something out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
I'm not sure where Kennedy's shop is at but I know he has a dyno. The shop is called AJ's Repair just outside Webster right now but will be about 10-15 miles south of McStop. The new building is getting hoists and such put in this week. I'm not sure how long before the dyno is installed, I can try to find out info tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
wow thats awesome i live in new prague actually and mc stop is about 15 minutes from my house that would be sweet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
tireman43;1563244; said:
It's been a busy winter for me, and haven't been able to make the get togethers. However I would be very interested in the DP club and would be willing to help out as well. My daughter races ATV's and has a couple more indoor races this winter(1 in Feb and in Mar) but if I can get some time between or after I'm in for helping. Also a note: a friend of mine who works at shop just south of the metro is opening a new larger shop in the next month or so and is installing a dyno. Might be something to also consider.
mattofferdahl9;1563923; said:
Where's your friends shop I live near Burnsville? I know Jon Haley has one and Doug rippie but their car guys what about John Kennedy? Doesn't he have a dyno but how far is that from the cities. If anyone has a spot in mind we can make a couple of calls and work something out
There is also a shop up in Elk River Who I know does Dyno Days twice a year. Good ideas everyone :cool:

Kennedys Shop is in Loyal, WI approx 156mi from Downtown MPLS just to give you an Idea...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
Yeah, Kennedy is almost three hours from the cities.

Hitech is in Elk river and do a couple dyno days a year if that is who you were referring to.

Jon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
I've heard alot about Hitech also. I was just throwing other ideas, but if Hitech does annual dynos, that would be good too. Anyone know when they are planning their dyno days this year?? Nothing at all against Kennedy, but we could save a drive by staying close.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Okay guys i just got back from Hitech. I talked with the CFO there and here is what i came up with!

Dyno Runs
-5 person minimum
-$50 a person and 2 runs
-$25 for additional runs after that
-20 or more people hook up they supply pizza and pop

We can do it anytime we want. All i have to do is call them and set up a day and they will have everything set up for us.
Its a floor dyno and its inside so temps wont really matter.
They have a really nice viewing area for the dyno and have a whole collection of muscle cars to look at and dream about!!

There has to be at least 5 people that want to run otherwise im going to blow my truck up running 5 times to get my $250 deposit's worth :badidea: and i dont want to have to do that!

Im sure we could get 20 people that wanna run so we can get the pizza too.

There is plenty of room for everyone that wants to come, I was at there grand opening and there were over 500 people there and could of fit more.

Like i said we should figure out a date and see who is interested. Would also be a great chance to get this club started. I have been working on some flyers to start handing out to folks on the road to get them interested and see if we can get them to join DP and the club thingy lol.

Lets figure something out here guys!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
Who is the CFO? Bart, Brian?

I think that if we talk to the turbo diesel register guys (mostly dodge guys) we will have no problem getting more then 20. I think when I went last fall, there was close to 30 vehicles by the end of the day and I think there were only 4 of us GM guys.

Getting the two groups together, I'm sure would be a good time to. Some good hearted trash talk, and bunch of folks together for some big numbers.

Jon
 
1 - 20 of 221 Posts
Top