Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard from my Uncle (drives for a freight co) that they have now decided to move the entire state to B10.......

Anyone else heard this? NBB has nothing to add.......

Seems like if they were having filter clogging trouble with B2, B10 might not be the solution.........

Interesting.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I had heard it was staying at 2% on the radio in WI. We are going through the same BS but with ethenol, lotsa farm votes to harvest here. What Total bullsheet. How dare them f'n pricks mandate we buy more expensive fuel to kiss the lobbyists asses. If its better cleaner cheaper let it stand on its own merits, its a total boondoggle here. Too boot, sugar beets are a much better 1st source then corn!!! Brazil is pissing its pants to start exporting low grade beets to WI. Opps have to change the law again, only corn -only from wisonsin and only from the right districts.....F them madison bastards.... anyway back to D-2 I ve heard the commercial rigs are having trouble and just plain hate the crap.

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know what type of price increases that youve seen due to B2, but Ive seen many places that have B20 for cheaper than regular diesel.

B2 aint gonna change price more than a penny a gallon.

I say farmers before terrorists, but thats just me.

Cant help you with the gasohol problems.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Minnesota legislature thinks with their votes, not their heads. "That sounds like a good idea, I'll vote yes!". although it doesn't make a damn bit of sense. They've already mandated an ethanol requirement for 2009 (I think) and automakers have stated that cars cannot run that blend. Oh well. We'll pass it anyway. Makes us feel better for using this corn syrup crap. Ethanol is a joke and was created by the Corn Cartel for more votes. Now there is so much corn produced it is driving down the cost of corn, yet gas with ethanol still goes up regardless. ????? You tell me.

:rant:

Minnesota - The California of the Midwest -and- Where Common Sense Comes to Die.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
What is the Minnesota B2 requirement?

In 2002, the legislature passed a law requiring that diesel fuel sold in Minnesota contain at least 2 percent biodiesel (B2). Implementation will occur on September 29, 2005. There are a few exceptions to the requirement, including railroad locomotives, off-road taconite and copper mining equipment and heating equipment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts