Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here it goes....i am dating this gal...and her friend drives a mini cooper s convertable. I was telling her how i was racing this ML55 AMG Benz and killin it and she says "i have a friend whos into racing" so my next responce was "what doe she drive?" and she says "A mini cooper s." I kinda chuckled. So i told her to ask her friend how fast is it 1/4 miles times? 0-60 times? So i talked to her today..and she said this minicooper s runs 4.7s 0-60..is that possible. So i am guessing a low 13 second 1/4 mile? Has anyone raced a modded one? I have an 04 lb7 with edge level 5/5 4 inch turbo downpipe back corsa exhaust. I know my truck wont do low 13's..maybe mid 14's..but is she full of ****...would i stand a chance? Or shoudl i just hook bumpers and watch that little thing in the rear view mirror as if i was a boat pulling a skier? :ro)

Thanks...
Brian

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
hmmm I dont think theyre that fast stock...does it have any mods?

either that or just hook bumpers :)

---Ben

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
My brother-in-law has a hard top one. I've driven the little slot car and had a blast. Its fast but not that fast. It handles real well, too. My guess is 0-60 is 7.00-8.00, no quicker.

·
Registered
368 Posts
So here it goes....i am dating this gal...and her friend drives a mini cooper s convertable. I was telling her how i was racing this ML55 AMG Benz and killin it and she says "i have a friend whos into racing" so my next responce was "what doe she drive?" and she says "A mini cooper s." I kinda chuckled. So i told her to ask her friend how fast is it 1/4 miles times? 0-60 times? So i talked to her today..and she said this minicooper s runs 4.7s 0-60..is that possible. So i am guessing a low 13 second 1/4 mile? Has anyone raced a modded one? I have an 04 lb7 with edge level 5/5 4 inch turbo downpipe back corsa exhaust. I know my truck wont do low 13's..maybe mid 14's..but is she full of ****...would i stand a chance? Or shoudl i just hook bumpers and watch that little thing in the rear view mirror as if i was a boat pulling a skier? :ro)

Thanks...
Brian
A STOCK Mini Cooper S goes from 0-60 in 7.4s and does the quarter in 15.4s at 9X.XXmph.

You might want to find out if she's modded and if so what the mods are.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cooper S? 300 hp?

so i guess this thing has a carbon fiber hood, super charger, intake, strut bar, jtw ecw exhaust. doesnt seem liek to many mods to me....she said it has close to 300 hp.. Stock they have 215....with an aftermarker pulley...230...intake 5 ho....so at best she';s got 250....i am not scared..i think she might get a duramax after i am done..or at least try to fit one in the hatch:ro) does anyone know of anyone putting a duramax diesel/allison on a go kart ):h

brian

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
I wouldnt worry about her... blow that little toy cars doors off!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Big deal if it is faster, that car will fit in the bed of your truck with the tail gate up.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
let us know who wins!

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
They look like fun to drive. Too bad I am 6'4", I can use two of them as roller skates.
Arent the "s" supercharged?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I dunno man..they weigh 2720lb's...

She may take you if she has mods... Those roots blowers have no lag so she punches it and goes..

Juts give it a whirl

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Yeah, that is whole thing with those cares. They are light. Each HP to one of those means much more than to a bigger vehicle like ours. I would give it a whirl. Even if you lose, you would surprise the heck out of her. If its a stick she might miss a shift or something when she sees you pulling hard right next to her. Wrose case you can always run over that coke can ):h

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks

thanks again for all the replies. Someone correct me if i am wrong..but it seems as if import cars do better with Turbo charges as compared to superchargers. when i first got my truck....bone stock..i raced a guy with a mazda miata wiht a supercharger on it..and apiller gages....i'm not gonne lie.....but up to 80..he had me by 2 cars, but after a little help from teh juice box...i know i would get him by about 10 cars now if not more. The mazda was the cutest little thing i ever saw..lol It was funny to see a grown man driving one. I know what i can beat and i know what i cant....i guess the one one thing that would scare me about a mini..is if i heard it purging the lines.

thanks
Brian

·
Registered
201 Posts
My younger brother has a stock cooper S. As mentioned before, it is kind of like driving as slot car - the things handle really well. He was giving me some crap and wanted to race me up a local canyon. I told him as soon as we got the 10,000# trailers hooked up, I'd be ready to go. ):h

As far as all out acceleration, my SOTP meter tells me my truck pulls alot harder. Blew922, give it a go - what's the worst thing that can happen?

P.S. Don't forget the video

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
hmmm I dont think theyre that fast stock...does it have any mods?

either that or just hook bumpers :)

---Ben
You still talkin' about the vehicles? ):h

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Not worth it to me. If you win, what's to brag about. If you loose.......:nono:

:badidea:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have an 03 MCS. This car is not made for stop light to stop light, but rather curve to curve. You will never stay with one in the twisties.

BTW, the MINI S will top out at 140MPH

So if it was me, I wouldn't run ya on the short, but I would in the mountains,(the sharper the curve the better) and if your truck wont run 140, forget that race also.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The Mini cooper S stock has 165hp. With the JCW kit it goes to 200hp. If she is claiming close to 300hp she is kidding herself. There is no way that with 300hp, the mini would be able to get any kind of traction. My mom's stock has trouble gaining traction if you really get into it. I would not doubt you killin' it in a race.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Just race it! The worst that will happen is you get yourCensored handed to you by a quick modded car that isn't good for much as. The best is beating it at 7000lbs+ while blowing a ton of black smoke!

·
Registered
506 Posts
That 165 hp is right for the super charged model. It is spirited but not to quick. I hope she can speed shift.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.