Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know the sf cost to mill and repave asphalt on a country road with no curbs just ditches? I'm finding between 4 and 7 bucks a sf. Sound about right? Thinking on a 20 foot wide road cost will be about $40 to $70 a lineal foot for one side? Sound right?

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I figured it out!

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
well how much?
Between 12 and 19 a square yard but it's irrelevant. I was thinking the house I made an offer on I'd have to flip the whole bill because the county awarded the contract but assessment hasn't been made it's in limbo. Long story longer I'll have 700ft of county road frontage but they cover most of it my portion is about $1700. Chump change compared to when I lived in St Paul 80 feet of curb, sidewalk, new subsurface, new asphalt road, sewer upgrade and lighting was about $5500:eek: Yup got the he'll out of there.

Reactions: TiredFarmer

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
$1700 sounds like a sweet deal.

I would guess my driveway to be about 200 square yards and the previous owner said it was $16K. They came in and scooped up the existing pavement which they then took somewhere to be ground up and mixed with new material that they then brought back and laid as a base for the new which looks to be 3-4" thick in most places.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
$1700 sounds like a sweet deal.

I would guess my driveway to be about 200 square yards and the previous owner said it was $16K. They came in and scooped up the existing pavement which they then took somewhere to be ground up and mixed with new material that they then brought back and laid as a base for the new which looks to be 3-4" thick in most places.
How much did that cost you? I have heard good things about the crushed asphalt driveways, how is your's holding up and do you like it? Our driveway is over 1500 feet long so pretty much anything other than keeping it tuned up with fresh limestone is out of the question LOL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts