Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have a 1986 k5 with a 6.2l diesel and I'm having trouble getting it running does anyone have any schematics for an old military k5 with a 24v system

·
Administrator
18,129 Posts
Reactions: 82Kbody

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
What kind of problems? No crank, crank no start, crank but hit and stall?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crank no start. When it does start it wont charge the batteries. It's still a 24 volt system.

·
Registered
1982 Chevrolet Silverado K10 Diesel
282 Posts
Could be your Fuseable links, Starter, Glow plugs? Not sure on the not charging thing. Bad ground?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Starter is brand new the fusible links burned up when the start wire fried and made the starter stay going and I had to disconnect the batteries. Do the fusible links need to be in there? All I did was hard wire where they went to without the links. Just to make sure everything was ok for now.

·
Registered
1982 Chevrolet Silverado K10 Diesel
282 Posts
Starter is brand new the fusible links burned up when the start wire fried and made the starter stay going and I had to disconnect the batteries. Do the fusible links need to be in there? All I did was hard wire where they went to without the links. Just to make sure everything was ok for now.
i would like to think they should be that's the reason why they are there... so they blow instead of setting something on fire wit the amount of current that is going into the wiring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts