Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of installing a military take-out 6.2 in a Toyota Land Cruiser. I thought I was ready to install it the other day and realized the torque converter did not line up with the holes on the flexplate. The holes on the flexplate are a larger diameter (not the holes themselves but the spacing of the holes on the flexplate), do I have the wrong torque converter or are the military torque converters different?
Rusty

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am in the process of installing a military take-out 6.2 in a Toyota Land Cruiser. I thought I was ready to install it the other day and realized the torque converter did not line up with the holes on the flexplate. The holes on the flexplate are a larger diameter (not the holes themselves but the spacing of the holes on the flexplate), do I have the wrong torque converter or are the military torque converters different?
Rusty
did a turbo 400 r and r a few years ago on a 1984 cucv (military)that torque converter had 6 bolts.also got a new flex plate from the parts store and the clearance holes were some what larger.everything went together ok though.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Rusty
what trans are you using ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts