Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Just curious as to what kind of mileage a DMax gets, with lets say more than 10,000 miles on the clock.

Ryan

·
Registered
267 Posts
i average about 14-15 in the city and 17-19 on highway

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
With 22k on the truck it seems to have more power and warms up faster. Winter blend will knock your MPG down a bit.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
There's also no telling with the mileage will be like on the LMM; probably slightly better than the LB7's with the 5spd Alli, but maybe slightly worse than the current LBZ's because of the new emissions garbage.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
My LB7 w/ ZF 6 speed gets around 20.5 on the highway. It isn't quite broken in yet, I'm getting ready to turn 170k miles! :)

If I'm driving strickly in town, making 5-7 mile trips and not letting the engine fully warm up, it goes down to around 17...

Love my truck! :D

MaxRock

·
Registered
175 Posts
You have to be specific. I've seen from 11-24mpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
7-8 mpg towing 15k 5th wheel. 10-12 mpg with a light load (6k), 15-16 on the interstate no towing, 21 mpg on the computer. 21 mpg gallong downhill with a tailwind.

6' lift, 35" tires, 2005 crew cab

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
biglor96;1595113; said:
17-19 city and 18-21 highway, took a few mods to get there....
Duramax mileage seems to be all over the place! I wish I could see mileage into the high teens. Low 20s would be awesome!!!

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Overall the LB7s got the best mileage,seems to be downhill from there.If the LMM gets worse than the LBZ well whats the point.

·
Registered
372 Posts
SAYWHAT;1617728; said:
Overall the LB7s got the best mileage,seems to be downhill from there.If the LMM gets worse than the LBZ well whats the point.
I know this is a mileage thread, but the point would be the power for towing and hauling, longevity of the engine and increased resale value over a gas. I would love better economy, but I bought a diesel because I need a diesel and the benefits that it offers.

Tim

·
Registered
193 Posts
I got 20mpg on a 300 mile trip up to new york for work. I have 11500 miles on it. By the time I head home at the end of the week from starting it up for warm ups and back and forth to work, all red lights, it reads about 16mpg.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts