Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 gmc 2500 hd with about 31,000 miles. I was getting around 19-21 mpg. hwy.but now appears to have dropped considerabily, 15-16, nothing has changed, no oil in crankcase,no lack of power,all filters are good. has anyone heard of bad fuel problems ? or have any ideas were i might look. thanks .. retiredalaskan in florida.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I had a 1-2 mile a gallon drop after the first year ( I went front about 15 down to 13). I started using additives with my fuel and after a while it returned to normal. If your not using any additives I would start there to keep every thing clean and lubricated. I also would check it over a number of tanks to see if it was just some bad fuel.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Have you ever checked your injectors? When mine had a large drop in fuel economy it was an injector, but no fuel in crankcase.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It could be fuel,fuel blend change seasonaly winter fuel is much thinner than
summer fuel to keep from jelling the thinner the fuel the more you have to burn

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Isn't it close to the time where we can get summer fuel again?

·
Registered
10 Posts
you want to use fppf brand additives. i own a truck stop and all the drivers ask for and will only use the fppf brands. i stock other stuff too but the fppf outsells them 8/1. i use it too, just because of that.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
In Flordia? I thought they didn't change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts