Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
checked my milage today after a week...one road trip of about 150 miles..rest just short hops....407.7k or 253.34 miles...
56.27l= 14.86 us gals or 12.38 imperial gals works out to 17.05 m/usgal or 20.46 m/imp gal..lots of idle time too due to the colder weather:)

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
13.8 MPG I idle for 10 Minutes every moring and live 15 miles from work. Almost all 50 mph.

·
Registered
24 Posts
19 mpg 34 miles to and from work plug it in at nite and go in the morning. I use power service winter additive, and keep the rpms below 2000. previously my milage hasnt been too good

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Last tank with custom tune installed. I did some in town driving and on Saturday I went from San Diego to Ontario, CA and back. I drove between 75mph and 85mph and up some decent sized grades. I got 17.1mpg hand calculated. DIC said I got 29.8mpg. I wish I could beleive the computer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the last tank was hand calculated..todays trip the DIC said i was getting 24.5 miles per imperial gallon..will do a hand calc next fill up
oh and i run stanadyne set cruise by tach at 2000 rpm on hiway..runs me around 106 kph or about 65 mph

·
Registered
54 Posts
lakingslayer: Just a couple of questions...ok, maybe more than a couple....

1) custom tune; What type of tuner? Did not see on Sig

2) 17.1 @ 75-85 MPH : How? I drive 55mph while towing (12mpg) and 65mph HWY and just make 18mpg

3) How big is your trailer/weight?

thanks in advance (TIA)

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Four fill-ups, two trips to Georgia @ approx. 75mph. All pretty much empty driving. Hand calculated mileage is 15.32mpg.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
lakingslayer: Just a couple of questions...ok, maybe more than a couple....

1) custom tune; What type of tuner? Did not see on Sig
My EFILive tune

2) 17.1 @ 75-85 MPH : How? I drive 55mph while towing (12mpg) and 65mph HWY and just make 18mpg
It was a 240mile round trip to Ontario from San Diego. Only one stop. Another 50miles was going to and from work (70% freeway) and the rest was in town driving.
3) How big is your trailer/weight?

No trailer. I don't tow.

thanks in advance (TIA)

·
Registered
54 Posts
i'm looking into EFILive myself for towing and regular driving.

Thanks....

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
i'm looking into EFILive myself for towing and regular driving.

Thanks....
It's an awsome tool but be prepared to spend a lot of time with it. I'm learning a lot with it. The program I had was not for fuel economy but it seemed to help a bit. I normally don't get that kind of mileage even though the main part of my commute to and from work is freeway it's the getting on and off of the freeway that kills my mileage. Since the trip to Ontario was non-stop it helped a bunch with the mileage.

·
Registered
187 Posts
23 miles driving to work. Mostly Hwy, usually no stopping in mornings, afternoons it's stop and go. Has averaged between 16.5 and 17.5 mpg since day 1. Coming up on 21,000 miles. Hand calculation or DIC - they are the same.

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
13.8 MPG I idle for 10 Minutes every moring and live 15 miles from work. Almost all 50 mph.
Thats a bit better than you were getting isn't it?:)

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
Lakingslayer, I am a little confused :confused: (which is not unusaul) but in your post you said while towing but in your reply you said you don't tow.

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
I can't find where he said he tows....maybe you read "tow" when he said "town"????? :confused:

OOPS!! You're right, it was in the question he was answering :eek:: . Thanks:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts