Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think your PM box might be full. Either that or you're ignoring me.
Nothing to see here people, carry on.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess that means your ignoring me.

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
Tony

My PM box is not full. I have not been ignoring you. I have not had the time to call Joe Webb on your behalf. You are becoming a little pushy and i don't like it. Some of us have a business to run and that comes before favors. I have a feeling you are going to get nothing out of Suncoast unless you pay list price. Let it die now Tony, you pushed the wrong guy.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike L. said:
Tony

My PM box is not full. I have not been ignoring you. I have not had the time to call Joe Webb on your behalf. You are becoming a little pushy and i don't like it. Some of us have a business to run and that comes before favors. I have a feeling you are going to get nothing out of Suncoast unless you pay list price. Let it die now Tony, you pushed the wrong guy.

WOW! Sorry Mike. Never mind calling Joe Webb on my behalf. Thanks for the OFFER anyways. Please don't forget it was you who OFFERED to call him on my behalf and you also OFFERED to see if he would give me a discount. Never did I ask for such a discount nor did I imply that in any way. I originally asked your advise and intended to buy from you.

Sorry you read me wrong and took this the wrong way.

I participate in this forum to help people and I don't ask anything in return. I assumed you were here for the same reasons and I thought I would throw a little business your way in appreciation. After all I am in business myself and I can appreciate it when my hard work is rewarded.

Here is a copy of my PM to you:

I just checked my tranny fluid. It is maybe 1/2 down on the hot indicator. (1/2 inch maybe) and it smells burnt.
Can I buy the suncoast stuff from you? I'd sure like to buy it from someone who participates in these discussion forums like you do. Let me know your thoughts.

Does that sound like a guy who is begging for a discount? Sorry you took it the wrong way. I didn't mean to be pushy. I would post the PM in which you offered to see if you could get me a discount but I don't believe in posting others Private Messages without their permission.

As far as being pushy: I asked you a few questions Thursday, you asked I call you. I called you, you offered to call Joe Webb on my behalf Friday. I PM'd you Saturday to see if you called him and you told me he was out Friday but you would call him Monday. I still hadn't heard from you on Wednesday so I PM'd you the following

Sorry to bug you again. I just wanted to know if you had a chance to talk to Joe yet. Maybe I should give him a call?

Now if that's being pushy I apologize. Granted I did feel bad getting you to do my dirty work but you did offer and I figured that since I offered to buy from you that at least you'd be making a buck off of it.

Had I have known I would be bothering you so much I wouldn't have asked in first place. I'm sorry I wasted your valuable time.

I don't believe in airing dirty laundry in public like this but you chose this avenue with your last post. I wouldn't feel comfortable calling you under the circumstances so here we are.

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to make sure that I am "going to get nothing out of Suncoast unless you pay list price"

Have a good day.

Edited by: Max Power

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought Mike and I were cool until tonight. I did not see this coming.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Sorry to have seen this Tony. Maybe Mike had a bad day? (A really bad day?) Still doesn't seem right though. You're still cool with me!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
just call joe and tell him daver sent ya

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
sdaver said:
just call joe and tell him daver sent ya

....gee Dave, why don't you have him.....piss in the wind........

the Daver doesn't carry any weight with Mr. Webb...
Edited by: BIG DIPPER

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
Tony

You make it sound pretty one sided and thats ok. Yes I offered to call Joe Webb on your behalf and try and get you a discount but I didn't know I was on a time schedule. Most people that want a favor will waite a little, apparantly you can't. You have my phone number and could have called me to tell me you were in a hurry, but you chose to post instead which I feel made me look bad. I got irritated at your post and still am. I have helped a lot of guys here on this forum and even take calls on the weekends to help them with their transmissions. I did not have a bad day at all when I reponded to you, I just thought you were a little nicer than you are. I am sorry that any of this got posted in public and let the members choose to believe whom they wish.

mike

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I never said I was in a hurry. I am not at all. When you say you are going to do something Monday, I just assumed you would do it Monday. I guess thats not the way you operate. I gave you 2 days before contacting you....never heard a word from you. I was not being pushy, just following up.

I PM'd you and you never answered me. I thought maybe your PM box was full and you never got my message so I contacted you here. End of story. Had you have told me to leave it with you for a week or two or ten, I would have waited it out.

You say you thought I was a nice guy and now you don't think I am. I don't know what changed that but I think you should look in a mirror. You're the one who jumped all over me and tried to make me look bad.

Since you took the public route, I had to clear my name and show everyone that you offered. You made me sound like a cheapskate freeloader looking for the bargain of the year. I never once asked for a discount.

I am still not in a hurry. If I were in a hurry it would have been done long ago.

Obviously we both struck nerves with each other Mike. I am willing to drop it and move on. I still appreciate you trying to help out here and help me as well. Personalties clash, words are said... Life goes on.

Take care Mike L.

Edited by: Max Power

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
all I see when I look in the mirror is one good looking stud

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sdaver said:
all I see when I look in the mirror is one good looking stud

Must be freaky looking in your mirror and seeing me!

·
Registered
292 Posts
2 cents...

I just saw this post tonight and offer the following: I had talked to Mike L this morning about doing my trans work on my 2003 dually. I found Mike to be extremely knowledgeable, no bull$hiter, listens well and is willing to share his knowledge over the phone with me for at least 45 minutes (middle of the day never the less). I have firmly made up my mind that he gets the nod to do my upgrade to my Allison in a few weeks, hands down. I know how these posts can be taken the wrong way unintentionally, but in closing, I can recommend Mike highly for trans upgrades. I'll follow up with a post after the work is done next month.

Peace.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
I would highly recommend Mike as well. Since he did my trans its been running strong w/o incident.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts