Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in purchasing a Transferflow Midship Replacement Fuel Tank. My truck is a 2004 2500HD Short Bed. The OEM tank is 25 gallons. Transferflow sells a 45 gallon replacement tank that replaces the OEM tank. The OEM tank is mounted behind the transmission cooler. The replacement tank fills the space where the OEM tank was but it also fills the space in front of the transmission cooler.

I pull a fairly large 5th wheel. I would like to get this replacement tank. However, I am concerned if the transmission cooler will be as effective considering that the air flow might be reduced.

Does anyone out there have experience with the Transferflow Midship Replacement Tanks? If so, do I have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have that tank on my truck and did not notice any difference in transmission temp after install of the tank. If I'm not mistaken, the cooler that would be effected by the tank is a fuel cooler, not the tranny cooler which is in the front of the truck.

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Welcome to the Place.

Just do a search here on "Transferflow". A lot of guys have posted that they like those tanks, plus the stock sender still works...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Titan fuel tanks makes a 56 gallon replacement tank also! I looked at it recently.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I recently installed the Titan Supertank 52 gallon tank and am very happy with it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Alsimon96, the cooler you are talking about is the fuel return cooler. I have the same setup, nice to have the extra fuel.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Opps, dh515 beat me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Don't get the Transferflow... I have it and only get a useable 35 gallons, an extra 9 gallons over stock... definately not worth the $900 I spent on it. It has been discussed many times and it seems like supertanks are the way to go. Everytime I fill up my truck I get pissed off, always thinking somehow I am going to put 45 gallons in it and it just never happens.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Don't get the Transferflow... I have it and only get a useable 35 gallons, an extra 9 gallons over stock... definately not worth the $900 I spent on it. It has been discussed many times and it seems like supertanks are the way to go. Everytime I fill up my truck I get pissed off, always thinking somehow I am going to put 45 gallons in it and it just never happens.
I have run mine down to where it took 43 gallons twice. Maybe there is a problem with your fuel pickup? Anyway, if I had to do it over, I'd probably get the Supertank because it's bigger and probably lighter as long as the price was about the same.

·
Registered
371 Posts
When i installed my tranferflow only had 3 gal. of fuel. Then drove 4 miles to station to fill it up. I dont think the fillter had that much fuel in it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have put 42 gallons in my transferflow midship before.

Aaron

·
Registered
118 Posts
TF works for me!

I rarely let the fuel get below 1/4 unless I know exactly where next fuel-up is. Running B20 and finding stations on road is iffy. Chose TF as was not pleased with fuel cooler set up on Super Tank. No problem with short range and no indication of loss of fuel cooling ability.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had a similar problem with the 56 gallon transfer flow in that I could get not more that 40-41 gallons in it. Turned out to be that a air bleeder line was not installed at the time of tank installation. My tank has two chambers that are connected with a narrow passage. When filling the tank, fuel is deposited into the rear (larger chamber). Because of the narrow passage between the two chambers, air was trapped in the front chamber and got vapor locked. As fuel enters the front chamber, the bleeder line (which connects the front and rear chambers) allows air to exhaust from the front chamber to the rear chamber and hence, allows fuel to fill up the front chamber.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.