Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may not be the right forum for this but ... has anyone swapped a 6.5 into a middle 60's gm car? I'm thinking specifically of the 67 Riviera. It came with a 430 engine and a Turbo 400 transmission (forerunner of the TH400?). It's a wonderful car but it doesn't go far between gas stations. Anybody done this? Thanks

Peyton

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
IIRC, there was a swap done into a corvette. not sure what year it was.

anything can be done if you've got the time, money and patience.

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Well, I was 60 when I did my build-up, but now I'm middle 60's, I don't think it would give me any more trouble than then...........oh, I see what you mean.

Well, guess what?

A 6.5 will bolt right in, using the 455\454\6.2 torque convertor, with the Chevy-pattern TH400 - the '88-up is best.

Or you could build a stouter Diesel 700R4, using the Chevy K-case, and get overdrive and lockup TCC.

Don't use that flimsy B-O-P to Chevy adaptor plate, or you'll be broke down in Peoria.

The fuel economy on that thing should be so good, you'd have to drain fuel from the tank each week to keep it from overflowing.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
There was a swap into a late 70's early 80's corvette as joispoi said. There was also a swap by a member here, 6.5 NOVA, who put one into a 77 Chevy Nova.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.