Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the cheapest way to be able to run around a 13.6 or so. I think I am around a 14.2. I have an airraid intake, 4" exhaust, and predator. I was thinking if there was anything out there that can maybe control my boost and I can adjust so that i can get more boost. Right now i am boosting about 29lbs. Was thinking about having diablo customize my programmer but not sure how much more it would help me. Thanks, i appreciate any help i can get from u guys.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
LB7 or LLY?

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
you dont want any more than 34psi on the stock turbo. check my sig for my mods, fastest ive been is 13.4

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
Unless you are real lite mid to high 13's consistently(or enough power to get there) will piss off a trans eventually(or imediatly):h ). A one time or a few time deal? Biggest thing is work on your 60's. Second we need to know if you are running a LB7 or LLY

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LLY, I know its difficult but im looking for mods that i can do that don't require upgrading the tranny, Im not ready to throw down all that money yet, I've heard that any little upgrade on tranny is no less than $1500. Thanks,

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
I think 13.7 is the most a stock tranny will take...

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
You want to play you gota pay. Not going to be able to run mid-13's consistently on a stock trans IMO for long

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
yea you better get a converter $1300 and a transgo kit $200 put in or youll be toasting that thing soon even with just your predator on extreme.

·
Registered
731 Posts
high 13's is very hard to get on a stock tranny ive seen a few of them but most will never see a 13 on a stock tranny

·
Registered
304 Posts
you dont want any more than 34psi on the stock turbo. check my sig for my mods, fastest ive been is 13.4
When you say PPE Hot+2 defueling in 5th and then #2only what does #2 only mean...I see alot of people saying that and i am lost with that statement..Thanks
sean

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
#2 only refers to the fuels used on the pass. A "#2 only" run would be on diesel fuel (#2) only, no drugs.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea you better get a converter $1300 and a transgo kit $200 put in or youll be toasting that thing soon even with just your predator on extreme.

by doing this what would else would i be able to do to my truck? How much power would i be able to make? Would the dealer do this work or I have to take it to a performance shop? Just want to do all my research so I can look at what I will be spending. Do you guys think that with stacking maybe edge and predator, with this tranny work, i will break mid to low 13's? That would be sweet to have a truck running 13's:cool2:

Thanks guys

·
Registered
318 Posts
You are already in FL go to Suncoast for a trans upgrade. If you plan to do a fair amount of racing DON'T skimp on the trans or you will be building it again. Racing is vary addictive so save your pennies and do it right.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How much would a full build cost me? I still have warranty on my tranny and I figure once a switch my tranny i will be on my own. I just want to be running mid to low 13's i don't ever plan on spraying or nothing to serious, although it must be really nice to break 12's in a truck, but im not willing to spend that much.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
If you don't plan on spraying and just want to get into the 12's, this can be done with a minimum SC III. While it is always good to overbuild, a stage III is what many members use and they are still going strong. Contact Eric, Mike L. or a SC dealer (they all should be about the same price). But the SC III should run about $3500-3700, IIRC.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just got off the phone with my friend. He told me that if i still had warranty that i can buy the tranny parts, and take it to the dealer and have them rebuild my tranny with those parts unde warranty, which would save me money on labor. I do have a friend that is a diesel tech @ the dealer. Would u guys recommend this or should i let suncoast deal with it?

·
Registered
569 Posts
you live in miami?? you eever take your rig out to car shows?? i live in ftlauderdale..

Btw, Where in FL is suncoast?

·
Registered
382 Posts
If your friend has experience with allisons and know's how to reset the taps and other computer components then it is a great idea, and much cheaper than paying to have it done.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
if youre in FL let suncoast do it

·
Registered
731 Posts
after the tranny you wont have to spend as much to get in the twelves, if you get a predator and juice you are gonna be stuck with mid 13's, if you spend a little extra and get the juice and quad or juice and ppe you should definatley be high 12's low 13's consistently depending upon your vehicle weight

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.