Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here running these? I am considering a set of 265/75/16 for my stock rims. I want to know how they last, I do mostly towing and on road stuff, occasionally Ill hit some dirt. I also see slick streets with snow or water. How do these tires do?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I am on my second set. First set was on my 01 gasser. IMHO these are very comparable to nittos. I do think that the mickey's are slightly harder, so they wear better but this also means they give up a little in the way of wet traction. They clean out better than the nittos in the mud and that is the main reason I use them. I needed something a little more agressive, but not a MT. I think they are good tire for the money.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
What kind of milaage are you getting out of them?

It has been a few years since I wore out a set. I had them on my old 01 and I got better than 40K. Switched to nittos and got 30K if that. This set has got 8k on them and show no wear. I do think that the dmax will wear them faster depending on driving style, because of the extra tq, IMHO.

good luck.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about the baja ATZ anyone running this tire? It has a much higher load rating 3400 lbs compared to 3000 with the MTX. And its only about 5 bucks more per tire.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
What about the baja ATZ anyone running this tire? It has a much higher load rating 3400 lbs compared to 3000 with the MTX. And its only about 5 bucks more per tire.
You must me talking about 265's. 285's are load range D with a 3305 lb rating.

For my use those new ATZ tires are not aggressive enough for me. I would call those a true AT tires, whereas the mtx is a hybrid at/mt imho.

later

1 - 7 of 7 Posts