Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may know I am now the Vice President of the Michigan Farm Stock Tractor Pullers Association (MFSTPA). We have worked over the last few months on some new Rules. These Rules are going to be in effect for the 06 Pulling season. Here are the new Rules:

6000 LB GAS - 8000 LB DIESEL STREET LEGAL STOCK
PICKUP RULES 2006
1. All trucks must be licensed and insured, with proof of both at sign-up.
2. Maximum weight including driver 6,000 LBS for Gas class or 8,000 LBS for Diesel Class.
3. Toolboxes must be bolted down.
4. Weight may be added up to 6,000 LBS or 8,000 LBS, and must be secured to truck no more than 60” from centerline of front axle.
5. Snowplow bracket OK.
6. Participants need 3 ½” Deep x 3” Wide clevis too hook to sled.
7. 26" hitch height maximum.
8. Hitch point has to extend beyond bumper and be readily accessible.
9. No dual tires or offset tires in the 6,000 LB class. In the 8,000 LB class dual tires are allowed, no offset tires. D.O.T. approved tires, no tractor lugs or cut tires for both classes.
10. No solid suspension must have 1” travel minimum.
11. No open headers or exhaust; all Gas Trucks must have mufflers. Diesel Trucks exhaust must exit up. Trucks with aftermarket straight thru mufflers must have 2 - 3/8” bolts in an “X” in the exhaust path.
12. Turbo charger for Diesel Trucks limited to a 2.8” inductor wheel with one turbo per truck unless equipped with 2 from factory.
13. Vehicles can be brought in on trailers; but must be street legal with all street equipment.
14. Trucks must be driven in a safe manner at all times when at the pull.
15. Stock fuel for truck only, no water injections, and no pressurized add-ons. All tanks must be removed or hoses unhooked at tank. Pump gas or any diesel fuel will be used.
16. Participants shall not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
17. Must be 16 years of age with a valid driver’s license.
18. The engine is restricted to six cylinder and eight cylinder compression ignition engines. All vehicles must have an OEM engine option in 1 ton or less truck.
19. Safety Equipment such as U-Joint Shields, Drive Shaft Loops, Transmission Blankets, Clutches, Flex-Plates, Air and Fuel Shut offs may be required at any time to insure safety at judge’s discretion.
20. Judges decisions are final.

Any Questions please ask here or pm me. Next on our agenda is Purse moneys. Does anyone have any info on what other pulls are paying? I would know my self but I drive a Ford so I never win.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dale that was the hope, to get some more trucks pulling. Anyone want to sell a chevy for me to pull with?

As for the schedule we are working on it and it will be out soon.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looks like good times pulling with MFS this year, with those rules there should be several trucks!,,, Good job!!

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'm planning on pulling with you also. Sounds like a fun Summer! Looking forward to seeing the schedule.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I couldn't make most of the pulls last year, because they were usually on Tuesday or Friday...I can't get those nights off at McDonalds, someone has to make the fries.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
i thought the guys flippin burgers made more money......who knew! where in michigan. or should i say anything in the lower part?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
i thought the guys flippin burgers made more money......who knew!
They don't get more money, but they do get all the chicks.):h

·
Registered
438 Posts
The TTPA pays out around $250.00 to $300.00 for first and pays down in $25-$50 dollar increments

Sounds like the rules are simular to many other street classes which is a plus to get a lot of pullers. The safety rules are a unclear???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.