Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use water/meth injection like snow performance on an 06 lly or lbz? Any ideas of drawbacks with this system. Does it shorten engine life or lead to buildups in your cylinder heads? It appears to be a fail proof system, more power, lower egts... What are the drawback?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Water Meth

I have a brand new snow performance water meth kit I was going to put on my dodge and did not. I never really heard anything bad about these kits and am considering selling it due to the fact I already have the power pup on my new LBZ and think it already makes enough power. :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
I installed the snow kit on my LBZ today...

got more smoke.
had to keep fingers crossed for no problems.
cannot use with N20 (at the same time).
holes in intake manifold.
possible water meth separation.

I used 50/50 mix with 2 675 ML nozzles at 150 PSI.

I noticed a very small difference, but I dont think it was 70 RWHP as Snow claims.

I don't think this kit will be on my truck much longer. :cool:

I'm no expert and this is only based on my experience with the snow kit on my truck.

I would recommend a good program alone...You can make more power with just a bully dog than the stock alli can handle.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Unless you want to use a giant tank and tow with it...In that case I have a kit for sale. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool man, thanks a lot, did the bully dog make your throttle response too abrupt, in other words does your engine still feel as smooth as it used to. also what setting do you run it on. i have an 06 lly and have been planning to purchase a tuner for it. thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I Think the main purpose of the Snow system is cooling egt's especially when running your truck with high HP boxes and such while adding a little extra oomph.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I Think the main purpose of the Snow system is cooling egt's especially when running your truck with high HP boxes and such while adding a little extra oomph.
If you worried about EGT and not running out of Meth, get a set of twins, Right now, while I'm waiting for my updated Wester's tune, I running my Predator 100hp tune (notoriously Hot) Towing uphill into the wind and still only seeing 1000 degrees at 75Mph (uphill) with a 10,000lbs trailer. When I get the new Wester's it will probably be less.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm running my truck on Extreme, but with a stock trans the highest you can run is performance. The truck runs great.. throttle response is great. Since Bully Dog is the only programmer out I did'nt have much choice, but I'm happy with it for now. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts