Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DOES ANYBODY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MEMORY SEATING? IF I SET MINE AND HIT THE BUTTON IT WORKS FIN BUT A WEEK LATER TRY IT AGAIN IT SLIDES MY IN THE DASH AND PINS MY LEGS.....

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I've had this happen 2 or 3 times in the 2 1/2 years i've owned the truck. Can't make it duplicate the problem, just happens at the freakest times. Once i was putting the window down and it made the seat come all the way forward. The only thing that i could think of was that the 2nd setting button was bumped and that setting was all the way forward. Turned out my second setting was same as first, all the way back. Maybe give that a try. It was all i could come up with at the time other than a malfunction at the junction
Later Jeremy Edited by: heartbeatcanada

·
Registered
812 Posts
Had the memory control module replace under warranty last month. Also made the seat heaters come on by themselves and cycle up and down. Bad thing was that you couldn't turn them off.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Mine too have acted up a few times ...kept moving me foward up into the dash ... couldn't stop the seat ...felt like one of those crash dummies
Seems like after I programmed both remotes and door switches they it hasn't done it again. BTW, I hide my wifes remote/keys so she can't drive it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Something I found out the other day is that if my wife drove the truck & parks it without locking it,when I get in without using the remote it goes to her settings.I had to cycle remote to get it to work on mine.I never thought about the key's being the same its the remote that ID's you.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Eddie Haskell said:
I set mine to back away from the dash so I can get out comfortably and it quit working, back to the shop...they love me there
Eddie, why not just use the easy exit button beside the memory settings? That way you can use the memory setting to adjust for the way you like to drive?

·
Registered
86 Posts
The wife and I share the truck and both of us have our seating preference "in memory". The problem is getting out, we both have them set for "easy exit" and that feature seems to have quit working. It's not a big deal for me but the wife is closer to the wheel than I am, so it has become an issue for her, besides for 30 some thousand dollars it should do what it is supposed to. I'm not sure what you meant by your post...did I miss something? Please clarify.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine does the same thing, occassionally the seat will not reset to the correct place, or it might push me/the wife up against the dash. I had to turn off the "easy exit" feature since it was doing stupid things too. Time to have the controller replaced.

Mark

·
Registered
227 Posts
It seems like everytime my wife uses my truck, the memory seat is hosed when I get in it, even if I unlock the truck with my remote first to ID me as driver 1. Fortunately she doesn't use the truck very oftern, so I just learn to live with it. But it is a PITA when it slides the seat so far forward. Aren't gadgets and electronics great?

·
Registered
747 Posts
The solution is to do what I did.

1. Get a wife that has legs as long as you do.(we both have a 36" inseam)
I know it may be a little hard to convince her that you need to trade her in.
Just joking around fellas. I know good women come in all sizes.

2. Hide the other set of keys.(Wife says the truck is too long and she would have a hard time turning it around. I told her, "Okay, then you won't be driving it."
)

She has driven it a few times. She only moves the seat forward a couple of inches because her arms are shorter and she always puts the seat back approximately in the position she found it. I don't have the memory seats anyway, because I prefer the bench.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts