Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you guys have asked about this and today I finally had time to take some pictures of it. They aren't the best pictures in the world and it's a little dirty. I'm getting a better digital camera tomorrow...I'll get some better ones up soon. Here's one of the five I took...

That's one of the better ones, the others are in the M&M album in my pics.

Basically, I drilled two holes in the UMP SF mount in the same place as they were in the OEM mount. I used some Aluminum spacers and longer Stainless Steel bolts and washers. I thought it may be a little week, I was wrong. It's just as strong if not stronger than when it was mounted to the OEM. There really isn't any room for is to move around anyway.

Take care,
Ox

·
Registered
841 Posts
What angle are we looking from? I'm used to looking at my MEGA from the wheel well with the liner dropped down. I am assuming the filter is in the exact same location and orientation as it was when it was mounted originally.
SPICER

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This view is through the parking light opening. Yes the Mega is still in the same spot, just lower. I'll get a pic or two of it through the wheel well next time...

Ox

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Was it really necessary to mount it lower, Ox? Does the UMP housing extend down lower than the original airbox plate? (I can tell that it's a beeg suckha!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts