Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eric

If I put one of JK's meaga filters in post do you think the dealer would say anything, shouldn't because the fuel is still going thro the factory filter --correct

Geno

give it a couple of days and let me know if you got the box, it went out today priorty mail

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Geno.. If you're going to Eric's dealership then i'm sure you're golden! i don't think anyone has actually been denied work yet because of post-oem filter. i don't know if anyone has needed service tho.. dealers vary widely. eric works for a great one. my dealer stinks. they didn't like the post-oem idea at all. the only thing they did say was that if i were going to do it, pre-oem would give me better luck. hopefully your stealer is nicer than mine!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nick--- We must have the same dealer
That is what my dealer told me. I could put the filter pre but not post, with no warranty issues.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Well, Geno, the answer will vary by dealer and for best results, I would discuss matters with the service manager ahead of time. Its unlikely they will even notice it if install is clean. Its hard to see in there.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Asked the man in charge of service at our local dealership prior to adding a Mega filter. He had no problem with it and said that GM would have to go a long ways to deny service because the fuel was being filtered to finer than GM requirements ... Jim

·
Registered
817 Posts
I discussed with my service guys ahead of time to get their approval. I had to remind them of the conversation when they found it. The guy sounded really paniced when he called to ask me what it was. Of course, the gauge on top, the catch bottle and the sight glass probably freaked them out a bit.
I have removed most of the stuff so only the sight glass is there so as not to confuse.
The only question I have is how they found it looking at the NSBU switch.
The second question is why they can't get the headlight back in where I am not owl hunting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts