Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a way to not set off the ses light with the mechanical wastegate installed.. kinda like a 10k pot but i cant so that cuz i dont the the traditional wastegate right??

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Geez!!!! somma youse guys needta hire a proofreader...............

If I understand your question, that's the purpose of the pot - convinces the PCM that you're demanding less Boost than you really are - whether spring or vacuum control.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahahah im sorry.. So i can still put in a 10k pot to stop the ses light from coming on?? Is it as easy as putting a 10 k resistor in ther map sensor?

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Yes, that's the scheme - hit yer local Shack, axe fo' this, specifically - 10,000 ohm Linear Taper 1/2 watt potentiometer (10kohm LT 1/2w pot, variable resistor).

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so u just leave the map sensor unpluged? Do u go from end to end with the resistor?

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Wire it according to the posted schematic(s) for best results....................

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but i can just but it directly on the map sensor

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
I would cut the signal wire about 6" from the connector, so the pot could be tie-wrapped to the plenum - but, get your pot, look at the real estate around the MAP connector, then you decide.

Most Map connector latches are heat-broken and should be tie-wrapped to the sensor body, anyway.

My 10t pot, in the instrument panel, is wired directly into the connector at the PCM - and, the broken Map connector is tie-wrapped to the sensor body

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i am so confused

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Not good, my friend - so, after you get your 10k pot, place it on the intake plenum next to the Map Sensor.

Compare how sturdy, durable, the pot looks on the plenum, then on the Map connector.

Decide which place to mount the pot, then, noting the wire colors from the schematic, cut the appropriate wire coming out of the Map Sensor connector to the length which will allow you to mount the pot.

Iirc, there are even some pics of various installs here on this forum.

Anyone care to post a link, for clarity?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ohh so instead of putting the resistor right in the end of the harness to cut the wires going to it.. yea i need to see the layout.. pics would be amazing

·
Registered
593 Posts
I don't have a pic (don't have a pot), but the note about tie-wrapping (same as zip tie) the MAP connector is spot on. I noticed a couple of days ago the catching/locking part of the map connector on my truck was heat cracked w/ most of it missing.

Dielectric grease and a zip tie and that connector is cozy again.

Chaser

·
Registered
593 Posts
Goalie990;1234112; said:
ohh so instead of putting the resistor right in the end of the harness to cut the wires going to it.. yea i need to see the layout.. pics would be amazing
I posted a color schematic in the other MAP thread. Just back off a few inches from the MAP, up the MAP wire harness, and insert pot there.

At least that is how I understand it to be installed.

Chaser

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
do u leave the map sensor still installed.. if u were do do it the other way u would leave it unplugged?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Goalie990;1234146; said:
do u leave the map sensor still installed.. if u were do do it the other way u would leave it unplugged?
MAP sensor remains intact. Pot is wired inline.

I don't beleive you ever want to leave it unplugged, BICBW.

Chaser

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
SES\MIL would hound him till he plugged it back in....................

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so does anyone have the layout on that.. a way i can understand haha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts