Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering where everyone is taking the measurements from once they have adjusted the Torsion Bars to ensure that the front remains level. I use to have access to level slab and took measurements from about three different areas to ensure that the front remained level. Edited by: JIMPRU

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
dont really matter....its just for your reference to see how much you raised yout truck.

·
Registered
958 Posts
If you're not putting different sized tires on, from the ground to the bumper is a good place to measure. Obviously new/different tires will skew this measurement so that's why I requested a measurement from the middle of the center-cap on the wheels straight up to the bottom of the fender flare.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
I would measure the ground to the frame. The bumper could easily be on crooked.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just raised my front end and took measurments from the ground to the fender and also from the ground to the bottom of the frame. The fender is still off by about 3/4 of an inch (left side lower of course) but I got the frame to within an 1/8 of an inch. Now I'm ready for some new boots to go on next week.

Poolrebel

·
Registered
101 Posts
Oh well I fibbed. Called for an appointment when I finnished posting and the guys said to come right down. The new treads look good ( at least to me anyway)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts