Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mbrp Questions

703 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  DSTRBD 
#1 ·
I have stock 05 truck, wanting to up grade exhaust without causing warranty issues, could i go with cat back system and not have problems with any codes of any kind? going with mbrp, would it be any louder than stock? is the 304 worth the price rather than the 409?

#2 ·
Where are you located. This will make a difference as fas as if you will get a check engine light or just codes. If you keep the cat back you won't get any codes.

I would pay the extra money for 304 if I did it again. My 409 doesn't look to great now, it's all rusty.

Yes it will be louder then stock if you get rid of the cat.

#3 ·
Also depending on where you live, as in snow country with lots of salt on the roads, the 304 would be the better choice. Also the 304 systems come with a lifetime warranty, verses a 5 year warranty with the 409.

Either one is a good choice and will make the truck louder, but with the MBRP spiral muffler it will not drone nor be too loud.

#4 ·
I went with the 304 stainless mbrp system. but, i went with the full system. yes, i got codes, however, I put in the finger stick and haven't had any since! love the sound of the system!

#5 ·
I went with the 409 Cat back system and haven't any codes or excessive noise(drone), infact it's seems just as quiet as the stock system. It was installed with little baffles facing forward to make it quieter. It's a very nice system. Well worth the money.

#6 ·
I went with the cool duel cat back. You won't get any codes with a cat back system. The exhaust is a bit louder but in a good way. I did not want a loud system and was worried about the added noise, but the sound is a nice deep tone. Not an obnocious noise. :rolleyes: I went with the cat back because I didn't want to store the cat for resale, I didn't want a loud truck, and the truck does not gain any noticable horses with the removal of the cat.
I just wanted good sound to go with the power the edge gives me:ro)
I am very pleased with the result it gave:grd:

call mark. He gave me a great deal!

Good luck

#7 ·
pitch black- If you go with a cat-back system you will not have to worry about codes or warranty issues. Some dealers have a problem with catless trucks and will void your warranty for it. Thats why the MBRP system which allows you t swap the cat in and out works so well for LLY's. If you have any questions, give us a holler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.