Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had bought a 5" turbo back exaust kit from MBRP after having talked to their sales/tech guys. It arrived and when I went to install it I realised the instructions did not cover the Regular Cab. I specifically told those Guys that I had a 06 Regular Cab LBZ, and I bought the exact part number they gave me. Anyhow, I figured out a way to make it fit and it and it went on OK. I had to cut a couple pieces and make a couple welds. I build headers so it's no biggie. The way I did it, it is very straight shot toards the back of the truck.
So, I called MBRP to Bi*ch and got this Guy Jason. He is a Tech Coordinator. I told him how the instructions did not cover a Regular Cab and how I had to do some reworking to install it to my satisfaction. I asked him if they might rewrite the instructions and to do an install and see if it was possibe for that kit to fit out of the box so to speak. I gave him my address and asked him to send me a copy. This is one of thost times where I never expect to hear from them again..............
So, guess what showed up yesterday! A PACKAGE of all things, from MBRP. Jason wrote me a nice letter thanking me for my input and included the "NEW" instructions including a Reg Cab. So, the kit WILL install without any rework on a Reg Cab. You would have to make 2 cuts, but NO welding...............AND he sent a new Kick AZZ "T Shirt" from MBRP.
I just wanted to Bi*ch and I got a T Shirt and new instructions. Thanks Jason. Thanks MBRP.
BTW: I LOVE the exhaust. No tip as I like the stock look. Sounds GREAT. Not as loud as I expected as it's darn near a straight Pipe!

Attachments

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Nice exhaust,nice shirt too_Out of curiosity,what is that under your bumper?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is that??

That is a weight bar that I designed to fit into the reciever hitch. It is to help traction when I Drag Race. I wanted it to be able to remove it easily. It weighs 106 pounds. I actually think it makes the back of the truck look cool.

·
Registered
874 Posts
No tip needed with a sweet looking exhaust like that!!

·
Registered
825 Posts
This is actually a very helpful post, since I plan on doing an MBRP exhaust on my Reg. Cab in the very near future. Thanks a bunch for the writeup!

·
Registered
752 Posts
mbrp

looks good!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah it's Aluminized.

JoshH, Yeah it's Aluminized. Out here in California it barely rains. Plus this truck is my weekend toy. I am about 90% sure MBRP will make that system in stainless, although I did not price it. I was however very happy with the price for the aluminized system since it actually fits all cab styles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.