Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to install MBRP's coold duals, dual exhaust on my 05 silverado. I am intending to leave the cat for now. Will this exhaust system be alot louder and throatier than stock, or not loud enough to warrant spending the money

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
I have seen and heard one installed and MBRP is throatier than stock. You might want to ask Kimosabe about it, he has the one that I have seen/heard and it is definitely a worthwhile kit. Easy to install, "pretty" and gives that nice burble. JMO

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
It sounds good. Not like a standard V8 but Diesels just don't get that loud. Nice low sound while idling which I like. I say go for it. I did.

·
Registered
284 Posts

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
The exhaust note will be a little deeper, but not much. If you pull the cat, it will give you that throaty sound you are looking for. The LLy's just dont have that loud exhaust note like the LB7's do.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Dual Exhaust

The exhaust note will be a little deeper, but not much. If you pull the cat, it will give you that throaty sound you are looking for. The LLy's just dont have that loud exhaust note like the LB7's do.
I love vehicles with "Dual Exhaust"...

My "Former" Ride :lol:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
mpjman,

You'll find the duals with the cat in place to be very very mild except when you floor the go pedal, then you'll get a nice deep rumble/tone. If you decide you want more volume then consider the cat test pipe, but be aware you might need to get a finger stick and or EGR blocker plate if you get a CEL light on the dash. If you have any questions on the MBRP duals just call us up, we have been selling them longer than anyone in North America and will be glad to help you.

Mark @ DPPI

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.