Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im am about to buy a set of used mbrp coolduals from an 06 dmax, however i have an 04. i didnt think it was that big of deal but then i went to a few websites and seen that have them in differnt years.... i am not getting the front pipe from him, so i didnt know if id work on my truck once i got it, or if i have to buy a frontpipe, or if it will even work on my truck at all... this is my first bolt on exhaust, i usally go to a shop and have a custom exhaust made, but i cant find neone to bend 4 inch pipe.....so sorry if this is kinda a dumb question...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone know? im suppose to be making arrangments today, so any input will be greatly appreated, thanks

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I am pretty sure but give MBRP a call and they will tell you if it fits. I 95% sure it will fit.

all mbrp stuff is compatable. so mbrp's 4" front pipe will fit mbrps 4" systems. Just make sure if its a flange system (bolts 2 together) you buy a front pipe with a flange. If its a slip together exhaust buy a slip front pipe.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ight thanks, so i will have to buy a front pipe before i use it? i think it came as a turboback system, but he is keeping the front pipe. I kinda figured id have to, but i didnt know if itd bolt up like a catback, or not. thanks for imput

·
Registered
612 Posts
You will need a frontpipe, the 06's use a different connection from the front pipe to the cat back.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I am a little confused, so if this is wrong I am sorry. If you have purchased a turbo back MBRP system and it is not the OFF ROAD system, then you DO NOT have to have the front pipe, if it IS the OFF ROAD system you WILL. The OFF ROAD systems rid the truck of the cat permanently, the regular systems allow you to remove and reinstall. Please call if you need some help.

·
Registered
843 Posts
they will NOT work. the '06 and up trucks us a "slip joint" between the cat and the rest of the exhaust.

the '05 and earlier trucks have a "4 bolt flange" to connect the cat and rest of the exhaust together.

You will need an '06 cat delete pipe to make it work:)

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
brandon- What is his cab/bed configuration? You can make them work if you buy the proper front-pipe to go with them. You can not however, just bolt them in with your current configuration due to the flange being different.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i talked to the guy again and came up with a new price with his front pipe, so now its a whole system, so it should all work now right? he has a crew cab as well. i was also woundering if anyone has put the muffler delete on an lb7.... im expecting a newborn in a couple months and my truck is the main source of transpertation, so i dont want it to be to loud, so the kid cant sleep, and crys all the time. thanks

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
brandon04lb7;1577953; said:
i talked to the guy again and came up with a new price with his front pipe, so now its a whole system, so it should all work now right? he has a crew cab as well. i was also woundering if anyone has put the muffler delete on an lb7.... im expecting a newborn in a couple months and my truck is the main source of transpertation, so i dont want it to be to loud, so the kid cant sleep, and crys all the time. thanks
Its quiet(er) when the truck isnt under load but when you mash the throttle it will SCREAM! and it will bother a new born im sure not to mention the wife :rolleyes: :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.