Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the MBRP "off road" system has a flange where the original cat goes. If I get the cat back system now can I upgrade to the no cat system later on down the road by just buying the downpipe to replace the cat and still use the rest of the cat back system. Thanx

·
Registered
540 Posts
Not sure what year your duramax is, you should fill out your signature. As for the “off road” system you can not bolt this to your flange on the cat if you wanted to leave installed for dealer visits etc. If you get a “Cat back” then down the road you can buy a down pipe that will attach to your cat back system, hope this helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx for the info

Yeah that is what I was trying to say, I'm gonna get the cat back and then go the the full system later on down the road, I just wanted to make sure I could add the down pipe later without buying a whole new system.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
jason- Good call. Get the cat-back setup for now, then add the optional front-pipe (cat-delete) later. this way you can put the cat back in if need be.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just to clarify, then when you want to put the cat back on for a dealer visit or whatever, you bolt the orginal front pipe/cat section back on?

·
Registered
594 Posts
caz41;1583257; said:
Just to clarify, then when you want to put the cat back on for a dealer visit or whatever, you bolt the orginal front pipe/cat section back on?
Yes.:D

I bought my MBRP cat back system and the downpipe (will install downpipe later) from Nate at Performance Truck Products. (See post above - "DSTRBD"). Excellent buy.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.