Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have adjusted the living the heck out of my MBRP duals to get the best fit, but no matter what I do, the drivers' exhaust pipe has a different exit point than the pass side. The drivers exhaust pipe bends more towards the rear of the truck, while the pass is bent more like a 45 degree. I have them equal from a height standpoint so no issues there. Casual observer would never notice, but I do. Is this common, or weird? They are about 1" off at center. I have excellent clearance from the frame, shock and brake line. Maybe I got an old kit or ??

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
If you rotate the two drivers side pipes especially where they go over the axel you can get them ver close.

The angle is slightly off, but not enough that I care.

You can also slightly cant the muffler out of perpendicular to swing the pipes a little.

The main thing is to get it so it does not rattle against the frame.

T:cool: NY

·
Registered
161 Posts
I just put the duals on my truck. I fought with it for a while by myself, then i got some help and had someone eyeballing it, someone holding it together, and i tightened everything up. Now its perfect within a quarter inch. Both of my pipes are about a 45 deg angle.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you rotate the two drivers side pipes especially where they go over the axel you can get them ver close.

The angle is slightly off, but not enough that I care.

You can also slightly cant the muffler out of perpendicular to swing the pipes a little.

The main thing is to get it so it does not rattle against the frame.

T:cool: NY
Thanks Tony. that's what I figured. I have LOTS of clearance (a good 1" between the frame and the pipe, and close to 3/4" between the shock cover and the pipe). I took 1/2" off the end of the muffler outlet for the driver's side to gain the extra clearance (cause when I had originally installed, I only had 1/8 to 1/4" of clearance to the frame). Made a huge difference! I also got the height to perfectly match by modifying the bracket provided by MBRP. I think I'll leave well enough alone. Its installed tight and lots of clearance, and like I said, no one but me will notice. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.