Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to be ordering a MBRP 5'' turbo back exhaust and was wondering will it set off the CEL light?

thanks!!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unit453;1577289; said:
Should NOT set off your light.

Did you find a good deal?

i was looking alot at 4'' but decided of 5''. found some good prices in the vendors section. :)

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Good for you. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. Be sure to let us know how you like it once its installed.

And for some reason, I feel as if I'm the only one who is helping you.:D

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahaha you are

and i will let you know how it goes and post pics of it :)

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
You may or may not get codes with the full system. Most non cali trucks seem to be OK. If you do, you will need a fingerstick. Also, check our site for pricing and add the code "dpmember" in the discount box for 5% off your total order. If you have any questions, feel free to give me a call.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Does the turbo back system keep the cat?

·
Registered
71 Posts
When I first put mine on I didn't get any codes. Then I towed a 7500lb boat 600 miles and got the thrown a few times. If you want to do anything else, you'll need to be blocked and fingered anyway, so you might as well go ahead and do it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
caz41;1577440; said:
Does the turbo back system keep the cat?
The turbo back or front pipe back as MBRP calls it, will eliminate the cat, but the way its designed it gives you the option to reinstall it if you want or need to. If you buy a front pipe back system and install it the way it is intended, you will not have cat on your truck.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
The turbo-back kit WILL eliminate the cat with NO provision to bolt it back in. MBRP actually calls this kit the "Down-pipe back" kit. If you want to keep your cat or be able to bolt it back in in the future, you will need to get a cat-back system and the front-pipe seperately. Hope this clarifies things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.