Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the spare tire fit after you install the 5" system?
The spare on my truck is a 265

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey Hotwater I hope you get a bunch of replies from the experts. I have a new LBZ and am considering an exhaust switch as well.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
In another thread a guy had to remove his tire when installing a 5" catback system on an LBZ. Can't remember for sure if it was a MBRP but I think it was.

Good luck! 5" ROCKS!! (for exhaust anyways ;) )

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the following info from tempus fugit (He has installed the 5" MBRP cat back) and thought I would share it with you all.
http://dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?p=914750#post914750

I'm not positive but I think it should be a 245 since there were 245's on the truck. I'm suprised yours is a 265 unless you changed it? Anyway, from what I saw when I placed the tailpipe, you should be able to compensate for the extra size in tire. Hard to explain but the way the bends are placed you can move that part of the tailpipe somewhat and should clear the tire. Didn't use a lift to remove old system, just put a good floor jack behind front pass side and raised the front tire so that there was about 6-8 inches under tire and the old system slid right out. If you have someone to give you and extra hand, the old girl is a bit awkward and heavy but I got her out without any trouble, just watch your brake lines going over the axle tube and be gentle. __________________

Got my 5" cat back and it looks cool.
If bigger is good this should be great.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, It is 68 degrees today and I took the afternoon off to install the 5" MBRP Cat back exhaust I got 3 weeks ago. It went great. The clearance between the tail pipe and the 265 spare is real close.I am going to try and move the spare toward the driver side a bit and if that doesn't work we have some material at work that I will put in between the tire and the pipe to insulate it. My neighbor heard me leave on my test drive and said that it sounded like a freight train going by. Just a little louder in the cab. I like it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Glad to see you got that thing on. I am really enjoying mine so far. Going to Daytona Beach for bike week with 3 friends, pulling three big twins in an enclosed trailer and a sportster in the box, so that should be a decent test for the egt's and mileage.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks tempus fugit! Your Pics helped. I would have thought that the last clamp would have had been straight up and down but as you pics showed that isn't the case. Were did you get your tip from and would you put it on again? Thanks, Wayne

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I have been asked by a few where I got my 5" MBRP cat back so I am going to list were I got it. At the time I got it the few supporting vendors I checked did not have it yet. I would suggest checking with them first since that help "Pay the Bills" for the forum.

Full Line Exhaust Inc
PO Box 8335
Dothan Alabama 36304
800-264-8035
www.fulllineexhaust.com

Part number S6022AL
$380.53 with shipping

I got it in about 3 days
I really like the way it sounds over the 4" systems I have heard.
If I was going for all out performance I think I would have gone for JK's system. Because of the miles I put on my trucks I really don't keep them that long
Hope this helps, Wayne

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.