Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are planning 2 events this year for the south, and southeastern region. This event in the first to see what kind of response we get from the various groups. The second event is scheduled for October ( Mississippi Mayhem ). This Event will be held in conjunction with Crusin the Coast one of the largest national Hot Rod and truckin Shows. SEE: http://www.cruisinthecoast.com/

To All Interested in Attending:

Red Creek Off Road ( SEE: http://www.redcreekoffroad.com ) was formed by the local Jeep Club after a bunch of us nearly got arrested one weekend trying to find a place to play in the Mud. Did ya’ll know that it is illegal to trespass on a Military Installation? Anyways after that fiasco the group found a generous donor who fronted a large sum of money to purchase a huge piece of land in Southern Mississippi for the purpose of Havin fun Legally! Let’s give a big YEA HAW for their efforts!!!

I have 8 acres about 10 mile from the park that I am making available for this Event. We have a stocked pond, Inground pool, Hot tub, and the property backs up to the National Forest. If anybody is interested in paintball, bring your stuff and we’ll set up a Night Game in the Woods. We’re game for just about anything ( within legal limits) so if you have any other suggestions feel free to post them and we’ll try to accommodate all requests. The property is purty much secluded so we can let it all hang out within reason! If you plan on bringing a Camper we need to know so we can keep space available for you. As said in previous post we really need a head count to plan the amount of crawfish and food needed.

As Usual we will need some Donations to make the event a Success. We will be opening a Checking account at one of the local Banks just for this purpose, that will require Billy’s AND My signature on the checks (For your protection). The Wife is an accountant so she’ll keep track of what goes where and why incase there are any questions.

Billy has a Paypale account if you prefer that. Contact him at
[email protected]

Checks and Money orders can be sent to

Joseph Gendreau
1298 West McHenry Rd
McHenry, MS 39561

E-Mail:
[email protected]
[email protected]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Billy is one of the planner's for this event and here's what he has to add:

Well, there have been some "weighty" developements in our little mudbugs and muddin event. Seems the folks who run the park have decided they really need a crawfish boil of their own, so they have designated the weekend of May 8-9th as the "First Annual Red Creek Off-road Crawfish Boil". We are now looking at about 1000lbs of mudbugs to be cooked....that's right boys and girls, ONE THOUSAND POUNDS OF CRAWFISH
and that is just for starters, we hope to add to the pot, so to speak. We have not really quit running the event, we are now more like "co-sponsors" or somesuch. It is rapidly going to get bigger than two or three folks can put together part time, the turnout is expected to be in the thousands, from what I gather they are planning on at least 1500 folks, likely more
There will be a band, a bonfire and who knows what all else, it is still in the planning stages at this point. as we know more, so will you.

There have been questions regarding fees associated with this event, following is a breakdown of the charges you will be looking at for the park.

4X4's- $25 per day, this covers admission for the driver and ONE passenger and includes use of a shower both for you and your truck, they have a wash rack there on site which you are welcome to use. Any additional passengers are charged $5.

ATV's- $12 per day, this is good only for the driver of the ATV, anyone additional is required to pay a $5 admission fee. I believe that this also covers entrance into the park for your vehicle if it is a 2wd.

Camping is available at the park, it is all unimproved (I think!!) and the rates are the same for a 5th wheel or a tent, $10 per night, there was nothing about whether this covered the occupants or not, I think you will have to pay the $5 admission per head to get in.

If you have any questions or comments feel free to e-mail or PM me or jgendr with them. If you have any questions regarding the park you can contact us or go to the park's website:

http://www.redcreekoffroad.com

BTW, many thanks to jponder, he has kindly offered much needed support in getting this thing going in addition to his kind contribution of funds.

Later,

Billy
Edited by: jgendr

·
Registered
275 Posts
Has there been any dates set yet?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the Dates have been set look at the topic title LOL

May 7-9

Here's your sign

Sorry dude just had to go there. No harm no foul.

This event has been in the planning stage since about January. and we really want to see a good congrigation of all makes and models of Turbo diesel's. Let's show All the Gasser's What a little black smoke and 7,000 lbs of american STEEL can DO!

YEEE HAWWW

Joe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Silver I was just poking fun,

Billy is the other planner and he is coming from Greenville MS

is that around you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.