Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 4 Jordan controllers in the towing vehicles. The 2 in the Chevys and the one in the 99 Dodge work flawlessly. The one in the 2000 Dodge never seems right. I cannot get it to track with the pedal movement. It seems as though I cannot get enough cable movement with the pedal travel. You would think that the install between the 99 and 2000 Dodges would be the same, but no. One can do a brake job on the truck and get them to work reasonable for a while then the trailer brakes seem to fade on the setting. I have moved the bracket down the pedal arm repetedly to the point that I am having problems with cable alignment or hitting the cable with your foot. I have messed with this all I want to and have been instructed do "get a better one". Again the Jordans are perfect in the two Chevys and the 99 Dodge. The 2000 is a complete pain.
Anyone have experience with the MaxBrake? Anyone have BrakeSmart experience? Where do you find the BrakeSmart? Internet search makes it look like they are gone..
Thanks

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Your having better luck with the Jordan then I did. I tried one a few years ago, towed with it 3 times and had enough of it after that. Cable kept hanging up both on applying brake and release. No, I didn't have the cable bent more then allowable per the directions.

I looked into the Brakesmart right after the Jordon pissed me off, but price :eek: ran me off.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I installed maxbrake controller on my truck last May. It is quite simple. The best part was the tech support was very helpful. It is one of the best brake controller I have ever own. We tow our 5th wheel trailer over 1000 miles and they work great. What is nice you can adjust gain or decrease to your perference. I would recommend maxbrake. You might want to check maxbrake web site for more info. Help this help you.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have a brakesmart pullin 14k,love it set it and forget it,works of your brake line pressure, its a no BS controller.

·
Registered
412 Posts
BrakeSmart controller

I also have a BrakeSmart system that has worked perfect since 2003. Like he said, hooked it up and forgot about it. It will work with air brake or electric or electric over hydraulic brakes. The extra money is well worth it for the performance you get out of it. In city traffic stop and go, you can't even tell a trailer is there, on a panic stop, it knows how much to apply to the trailer brakes to get a quick smooth stop. It works off of the amount of pressure you apply to the pedal through a transducer at the tow vehicles master cylinder. I pull a 36' 5th wheel, 15,500 lbs. I would keep checking with them or call them, so as to get it some day, IT IS WORTH IT.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've got a MaxBrake installed and very happy with it. I've got 3 trailers that I bounce around on ranging from a single axle flat bed to a triple axle toy hauler. Very nice to plug and go. Also brakes so smooth. Wish I'da started with it... I've got a couple controllers available at low price. ;-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts