Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I searched but couldn't really find what i was looking for. According to my edge monitor the max boost i had hit was 38. I installed new boost and pyro gauges the other day. When "Testing" the gauges i hit 40 pounds of boost. It was about 10 degrees out. But i was wondering what kind of boost numbers others are putting up. My mods are in my sig. Thanks

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
40 psi is kind of high. I don't know the magic number for turbo explosion but allot of people on this site have said 32 psi is the sweetspot for a LBZ turbo. If you go over that your drive preasure gets to high so you start building heat and losing HP.

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
I believe 32 is redline for an LBZ turbo. I think any more than that and your turbine is on borrowed time.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Agreed. I set mine at 30 just to be safe.

·
Registered
297 Posts
31 is the most I have ever seen

·
Registered
443 Posts
Anything over 32 is a waste on a stock LBZ turbo. Personally I dont think I have seen over 28 on PPE 160. THats with using the EVO as a gauge so, I am sure its not as accurate as a mechanical boost ga. Dont think you can see that much boost with the J/A. EVO is the only one that raises boost, and I still only saw 29 or so when I used it as a programmer.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
that is too high...like everyone else said...32psi is max for putting out good power...any more is toooo much...

·
Registered
850 Posts
if you have the hot unlock from edge you can get boost that high in level 6/6 thats why they recommend turbo tranny lift pump thats why she smokes so much haha

·
Registered
354 Posts
i run my LBZ turbo at 38PSI when runnin in competions but for everyday driving i don't let it hit over 32PSI.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I will soon be able to see my boost.As soon as i get my pillar mount back from the shop being stained the gray color to match.My buddys truck boost dosent go much over 32 in normal driving conditions.lbz 6.6.

·
¡ʎɹoʇs ɟo puǝ ¡ǝɯosʍɐ ɯI
2,307 Posts
when i had the banks it would spike at 36 and 37 some times, and thats from what the pda recorded,

·
Registered
359 Posts
what is stock

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
20 psi

·
Registered
175 Posts
i get 25 lbs stock:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
with a stock truck (stock exhaust & intake) factory boost is set at 20 psi max. When you add any mods that have anything to do with the turbo, this will more than likely add boost press.

·
Registered
410 Posts
you will lose power over 32, We've seen it on a dyno. These guys said it pretty much. 32 is about it, anything more your actually losing power and its hard on your truck, well I guess all this crap we do is not easy on them but why cause stress on your motor for no gain?

·
Registered
148 Posts
i get about 35psi with the 350 tune

·
Registered
446 Posts
The max I have seen on the attitude for my truck was 35 psi.

Bare with me in case this is a dumb question: but why would making more than 32 psi with a stock LBZ turbo cause power loss? My assumption would be more boost = more air = more power.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
The max I have seen on the attitude for my truck was 35 psi.

Bare with me in case this is a dumb question: but why would making more than 32 psi with a stock LBZ turbo cause power loss? My assumption would be more boost = more air = more power.
After you pass 32 psi the drive preasure goes way up and it actually takes more HP to turn the turbo than it produces. Hope I got that right:D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.