Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving 18 wheels again I have been hitting the roads hard. If anyone would like to meet, I'd be glad to pull the rig over. Just PM me. I'll be sure to have some Allison decals along.

This week I left Wausau, WI and delivered in Leominster and Southborough, MA. Left to Groveton, NH (just south of Maine) and delivered in Lancaster, PA and Cincinatti, OH. Picked up in Harroldsburg, KY and delivered in Foxboro, MA. Got to see where the Patriots play. Picked up in Springfield, MA and made it to Hartford CT. Hung out in the snow storm all day Sat. Left Sunday morning and delivered in Chicago Monday morning. Picked up in Wheeling, IL and delivered to Merrill, WI. Home now. I tried to get a hold of Mackin while I was in CT but the message must not have gone through.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Maverick,

If your travels bring you to Phoenix I be more than happy to hook-up with you. God Speed

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Maverick, do u own your own truck and trailer or a driver?

I have from time to time some small stuff that I need to get hauled.

I ran OTR for 3 years and used to grab some little stuff for extra fuel money.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dmax Tim, I just drive for now. I'll rethink being an O/O in a year or so. Want to see how these new hours of service rules hurt or improve the driving. New rules start Jan 4, 2004. I usually have a 53' so there is usually room for something light on the tail. I did run around on I-270 in Columbus on my way to Cin.....no bullet holes in the truck and I'm still breathing.

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
Let me know if you end up in RI or close, I'd sure love to take the new truck though a J.S. dealership!
In the meantime I'll work on getting my CDL renewed...

Ox

·
Registered
194 Posts
One questions how do you not get tickets, or avoid them? Radar? Also what is your CB name, if you are ever in the Philly area hit me up.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ox, will do. I was just up I-95 on my way to Foxboro, MA last week.

Will do Mac.

LT, my truck is governed to 65 cruise and 67 mph on the pedal. I don't worry about tickets. Especially in CT. Its 50-55 in Hartford and we all cruise through there at 65 plus. My handle is Maverick on the CB also. Should know tomorrow where I'm going.

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
I'm only 20 minutes from 95 via 195, 10 mins when the tude's on lvl 5 and my foot is heavy.
Plenty of Turdota salesfairies to harrass in Providence too

Ox

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Going to Brattleboro, VT for Monday morning. Taking I-80 E from Chicago to I-81 N to I-84 E to Hartford, CT and taking I-91 N to Brattleboro, VT. I leave Sat morning sometime.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Maverick,

If you ever make it down to Tallahassee, Fl. let me know. It would be nice to meet ya!

Drive safely!!!

Kevin

Edited by: Fireman

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Check your pm Maverick.....

I'll be on your next route.....we could hook up in PA.

I am near highway.

I have cdl too and do some otr.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interesting week. Left Sat morning and made it to east of Cleveland, OH and went to bed. Got up Sunday morning to 4-6 inches of wet snow. OH did a good job of keeping the Turnpike good for driving. Made it into PA and I noticed my blinkers and 4-ways quit working. Could smell burning. Made it to Dubois, PA exit 97 on I-80. Freightliner dealer next to the Pilot. They couldn't fix till Monday morning so I got a motel at the Holiday Inn. My appt. in VT had to be rescheduled. The brain dead parts replacers on first shift took the fuse panel out and didn't find anything wrong. Put it together and the worked. Dispatch told me to stay put for now as they are still trying to get me a new appt. Night falls and the lights fail again in the parking lot. Took it into the shop and night shift guy found schaffed wires in the 7-way harness under truck. Fixed in 15 min and I head to Brattleboro, VT. Get there at 3 am Tuesday. Don't get a dock till 1030 pm. Empty at 2 am Wed morning. Sleep till 8 am then head to Groveton, NH. Its raining now and freezing. Took 4 hrs to go 156 miles. Got to mill and the trailer my load was on was damaged so they had to unload and reload it on the empty trailer I brought. Got out of there at 4 pm. Its 37 degrees and raining still. Went 3 north to 105 west and in 2-3 miles the temp was 31 degrees. Road was glare ice. I was 78,000 gross weight and sliding around. I parked it on 105 till moring. Six other trucks joined me in taking a break. Woke up to 6 inches of snow again. Plow came through once so I made it to Derby (Newport), VT and ended up staying there 24 hours because of heavy snow. Easily 12-18 inches of snow. VT sucks at plowing roads. Friday morning is all clear so we crawl to the border and get to Montreal, Quebec. After that we had smooth sailing to Sault Ste Marie, MI and all the way to Appleton WI. Long week. Whats up with all the snow in the NE? Just have to have the WI teach the NE how to plow now.

Grady, I'll try to hook up on the next trip. Didn't get a chance to read my PM's till last night.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Wow Mav !!!!!!!!

My parents said it was pretty wicked up there guess they weren't BS'ing me ....

I'm headed North Christmas day guess I'll see first hand better then 31" on the ground I here where their at ,down because of rain earlier in the week ....

What'cha mean we suck at plowing snow .....

In Connecticut you have us pegged .... In Vermont you're on your own .... If you can't drive in the snow "what and the hell you doing there" I believe is their MO .....

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
mav, good pics, interesting story, glad your safe. Those crazy monkeys in the NE are making us Lake Effectors on MI west coast look good!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Short run to finish before Christmas. Left Appleton, WI to Urbana, OH then to Washington Courthouse, OH to Wausau, WI. 1300 miles round trip in 36 hours.

Leave Friday or Sat. night to Dunn, NC. Just south of Raleigh, NC. Deliver Monday afternoon.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Went to Dunn, NC for Monday morning and then went to Wilmington, NC Tuesday morning to pick up. Delivered in Wooddale(Chicago) at noon today. Picked up in Wooddale to Wausau for for New Years.

I feel an east coast run coming this next time around.

Happy New Year!!!! Wipty do da.....I'm going to bed.
Edited by: Maverick

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Maverick,

Maybe on one of your travels you could bring down some oil for me.
Just don't bring 65' of rig into my drive, you'd have a hell of a time backing out. Also, I still have my CDL, but my medical card is long expired so I won't be of much help.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sure can do VR........

Leaving for Flanders, New Jersey for Monday morning. Looks like I-80 all the way. Flanders is on hwy 206 just south of I-80.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.