·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice to see it on the water.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Here are a couple more pics. Motor in before cover installed. The custom intake with MAF sensor turned out sweet but did not work as well as we anticipated. We will need to make some tweeks in order to get a better MAF reading. At this point with the first tune installed she runs better with the MAF unplugged. This issue will be easily fixed using an OE style intake or fine tuning the MAF sensor.
We are still running the same prop as the big block had and hoping to get some props for testing A.S.A.P

Baldwin Beach, South Lake Tahoe, CA 4th of July weekend 2013.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Great thread! Glad to see someone with the resources was able to do what I one day hoped to do. Can't wait to see more diesel wakeboard/surf boats on the water.

Are you going to work on other makes and model boats after you have this one fine tuned?

Are you anticipating selling complete engine/transmission packages, or just selling the hardware to the customer and letting them acquire the engine themselves?

·
Supporting Vendor
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Any updates? Pulled anybody's arms out of the socket yet?

Testing props now and need to make some tuning tweaks. So far everything is working very well. No pulls yet.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Getting itchy. Found a sweet 1988 liberator 211 with an omc 460 king cobra (BBF :ThrowUp: ) fuel consumption on most with all 4 bbl's sucking air is about 21gph. Where with a bbc 14ish is much more common. If 400-450ish hp with 15gph or less would be great if possible. Question being how much for a total swap including o/d? Can a bravo 3 be used or is there too much tq of the multiprop drive? Ik the repower would cost more than the boat is worth, but if it works well and doesn't suck me dry on fuel and parts it'll be almost worth it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
couple conversions for I/O's I've seen guys saying you have to use a super expensive XR drive in order to not shred the drive which just adds to the cost fo the build along with having to cool every aspect of the motor to keep temps in check.

interested to see some cost effective parts to hit the market. I want to swap out my motor and hold onto it for a boat build.

dmaxstore - how big of a footprint are you using up there? need to know how big of an engine dept is needed i'm assuming even if you find a big bowrider with rear seats it won't be enough room so i'm guessing you'll need something with a bench seat in the back with a full engine bay to work with.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
All I can say is WOW! That boat looks sweet! Can't wait to see how the coal rolls!

·
Supporting Vendor
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Looks killer man. I love the design on the boat. Very nice work!

Thanks, its been a fun project so far. We hope for some decent rain this winter and a big jump on the 2014 season !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, its been a fun project so far. We hope for some decent rain this winter and a big jump on the 2014 season !!
So how did it go, been a few years now, is it worth the swap?

121 - 133 of 133 Posts