Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took air sencer off of cool box when working on truck. Decided too put it were outside cool air could hit it. Doubled the power but shifted pourly. Why?

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
You need to move the trans cooler to the passenger seat to balance it out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kinda like when you put closepin's on your fuel

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just thinking out load dieselplace told me to say something

·
Registered
520 Posts
As a child I remember shooting mud ducks with a pistol. That was a long time ago....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you tell me why or are you just a smart ass!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
na just dont play well with like that mr. rat. Was just asking QU!

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Whats a dual feed injector pump?

·
Registered
520 Posts
I could tell you why but I don't wanna.:muahaha:

·
Registered
193 Posts
how about an answer not just stupid b/s

ok heres an answer for ya 1) the truck ran harder because it thought it had colder incoming air colder = denser air charge (more air) so it adds fuel to compensate. more power!! just another fancy electronic feature of a self regulating efficient power making machine.. hope that helps the trans was shifting harder due to it having to learn that section of parameters. 2) when u see posts by the smart asses that refuse to help u with your question just say " could help you but ------no!" they have forgotten they dont know it all and we dont wanna hear about it.
:rant:

·
Registered
27 Posts
where is the sensor he is talking about do you have any pics

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
Took air sencer off of cool box when working on truck. Decided too put it were outside cool air could hit it. Doubled the power but shifted pourly. Why?
If you want to be taken seriously, please post seriously. This doesn'ty make sense. What is a "cool box"?

Are you talking about the MAF sensor?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you dmaxtechrenol. I now what the parts are called but it is very hard for me to spell so i do the best i can. Sorry for bad gramer. I am getting better. I 48 years old never had chance to go to school. I realy like trying to get all i can out of diesel's. Be it my drilling rig motors, Semi's or the 4 duramax pickups i have 3 2006 and 1 2001 and this site helps. Remember Nwdmax but not for the grace of GOD their go I.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Will it hurt any thing if i place the sencer away from heat of motor.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the air flow sencer on the air intake pipe.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
If it's the MAF, it is a flow sensor. Taking it out of the intake has taken away the ability of the ECM to measure intake air flow and perform necessary calculations for timing, boost and injection. Cooling has nothing to do with it. I can't believe it hasn't thrown a code and check engine light. Not an acceptable modification in my opinion.

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
The maf sensor appears to be primarily a temp sensor. Our fueling tables are MAP driven, and the MAF sensor is used primarily in diagnostics (code issues as you point out Tom).

Keep in mind this is the system as I know it. Hope I got it right. Actual mass air flow is not an input for engine function. Not that I understand why it is this way (like a gasser), I really do not. Something about air/fuel stoich...

That said, a colder signal on the sensor should send more fuel. I will have to check efi to back up this statement.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts