Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning (-15) started my truck :) (not pluged in it started great) went to church (2miles) on the way home rpm AT 3,000 With no pwer pulled it a parking lot 2 block from home and trany fluid is pouring out and of not able to move. Walked home (lucky only 2 blocks at -15 it was cold). Had GM tow it in and have check in the am at the dealer. Makes me wonder over 200,000 miles on my old F**d and no problems like this. :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealer Just Called

The trainy is fried:mad: . He said the fluid was boiled out the vent. Gauge never got hot. They are investigating.

2002 350 with 187,000 never had this problem.

By the way the truck has 22,000 miles 6 months old 90% towing 10,000 tralier

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just from Dealer

They are pulling the trainy apart. Found about 2 cups boiled out. Gauge never read hot then or any other time.
Morning started at 8:00am warm upo about 15 min ran 10 miles to Lowes. Came home again warmed up to go to church after church warmed up about 10 minutes left driveway noticied high rpm shifted to maual no change. Went about 3/4 mile total pulled over and so the fluid driping. Would hardly move. Towed it in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Meltdown

The trainy was toated dealer is nit suree why put ordered and installed a new one. Hope it doesn't happen again
:)

·
Registered
892 Posts
Bigwave,

Have your dealership check the transmission cooler lines. I've seen a few where they were kinked preventing cooler flow resulting in the transmission overheating.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
If fluid was pouring out wouldnt that mean a cooler line burst/broke and the trans smply ran itself without fluid, causing it to burn up?

the guage wouldnt show the temp?

·
Registered
892 Posts
DURAtotheMAX;1590017; said:
If fluid was pouring out wouldnt that mean a cooler line burst/broke and the trans smply ran itself without fluid, causing it to burn up?

the guage wouldnt show the temp?
If fluid isn't flowing through the cooler lines than that fluid just keeps getting churned in the converter until it gets really hot and the seals fail. Unless that hot oil gets back to the pan the temp sensor won't pick it up.

It was never stated where the fluid was coming from. Could of been a ruptured cooler line or could have been from the breather. There's alot of places that the fluid could leak from.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Mine did this @ about 25K. Line installed from factory wrong. Lost all my fluid in seconds. luckily my line popped 100 yards from my house on my way home. I pulled into my driveway and it looked like it was gut shot. Walked down the street to find a six inch wide stripe 100 yards long. When I took it to the shop they accused me of having the front end worked on like a lift or something. They told me the line had been moved. Sorry, that was not possible. The only thing that had been done to it was oil and fuel filter and that was done by them. The trans lines were ran all wrong. I would have thought the oil change techs would have noticed this, but they didn't. I would encourage every D Max owner to compare his lines to other trucks to see if they look similar, if they do not you are driving a time bomb. This has not happened to a ton of people, but it has happened to some others on here. This is not an Allison problem this is a Chevrolet problem. I had the truck back in 3 days. My tranny was fine. If you want to talk about it PM me & I'll give you my phone #

Good luck, Scott

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New Trany

Got The new trany in. The other sounds like the Torque Converter was fried and much of the trany. Seams like the extreme cold has something to do with it. Dealer has ordered the new transynd at putting in. All under warrenty. I think I got the best dealer in Wisconsin. (Bergstrom).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts