Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a mass flow air sensor or thottle body spacer on a 6.0or8.1L truck?If so did u get any performance gain or mileage increase?Which one is better than the other?

·
Registered
84 Posts
You wont get anything out of either really. If you want to get a different MAF, just descreen your stocker. Same thing.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do you take out the screen?I have a airaid air cleaner.If you pull the air cleaner off is it the screen right there?

thanks

wayne

·
Registered
216 Posts
I descreened my maf by using a small punch,just dont dont tuch any of the sencers.A tb spacer is a wast of money
they are loud and dont do anything.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Well I am going to have to disagree on this topic. I installed a Granatelli MAF sensor and Airaid Throttle body space along with K&N airfilter and I saw increased mpg and better acceleration. Then I installed the Hypertech and saw nice gains. You will not see any amazing HP or torque but you will notice a little better fuel economy. All in all not really worth the money, but I did have them installed and you can find that stuff on ebay pretty cheap these days. Oh and the throttle body spacer sounds cool too.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have them installed on my truck to. I didnt see or feel any real difference. Not worth the $$$ spent. All you get is a high pitch whistle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts