Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys the SES light is on in my truck and the code says its the MAF sensor gone bad, all though i have never ran an oil filter on the truck its all stock except for the edge. ok here is the question if i go with an aftermarket MAF sensor will it really make a difference like it does on the gassers? does anyone other than grantelli make one

thanks

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
my SES come on with the MAF sensor and i just reset it. it seems to be triggered by damp weather. this is what i was told by someone. it only seems to come on every few months or so.

·
Registered
57 Posts
you can also try removing the maf and cleaning, they actually make maf cleaner - check autozone. if you can't find it, just use brake clean (the de-natured alcohol stuff)

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Use Alcohol to clean it carefully.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Use Alcohol to clean it carefully.
That should clean up the problem. Quite a few guys have had this same problem even without running aftermarket filters. The stock ones along with the weather conditions may throw a code. Nothing to worry about though. Clean it and it shoud be fine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys i cleaned it with maf clean an it has not thrown a code since thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Glad to hear you got it taken care of.....it should be fine for a long long time!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts