Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the TTT Mirrors and the instructions have you tap into a yellow wire under the dash in the aqrea where you plug in you brake controler... This puts the marker lights on whenever the key is on... That is TTT's way they wanted it.. I want them to be connected to my parking lights... Can someone help me out to what wire would connect them to my Parking Lights?

Thanks!

·
Registered
149 Posts
There is a pin on the trailer brake connection that is tied to the marker lights, can't remember which one- just take a test light to find it. OR in the DIY section on cab lights they are saying there is a fuse and connection panel on the pass side of dash similar to the position of the fuse panel on the driver's side that has marker light terminal and ground terminal u could use.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I think the wire at the brake control plug might be dimming with the dash lights.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know there is one under the dash, but that dimms with the lights... I had no luck with my testing light.. there are just too many wires to close..... Help?

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Well if you go the park lights you definataly will find the proper wire. I don't think it comes into the cab.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
It is - from the switch to the bcm and the bcm to the relay. You need to get a brown wire after the relay which is under the hood.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Reprinted from this thread: http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=757&KW=lights

Look on page 5-114 of the owner's manual at the Center Instrument Panel Fuse Block diagram. The connector labeled 'TRAILER' has 6 pins. I found that the lower left pin does what you want. I checked all pins on all unused connectors and this was the only one that worked exactly as desired.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Make sure it doesn't dim with the dash lights. If it doesn't it will work.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I had to run mine to the fuse panel under the hood through a grommet in the firewall.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts