Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeley Automotive Machine presents the "SuperFlow Lie Detector Dyno Day". Come show us what you've got!!

This is an all diesel pickup truck dyno event at Greeley Automotive Machine (GAM), 404 - 8th Ave, Greeley, Colorado on Saturday, April 22nd. The rollers will start at 8am and run til we're done!

The cost is $40 per hook up. You get 3 good pulls, no changing parts or components on the dyno (quick flip chips are fine). First come, first serve. We are working on a food vendor, videos to watch (if you got some great truck videos, bring em on down - VHS or DVD) and some other side things going on beside the dyno runs. All makes and performance levels of diesel trucks are invited to join in on the fun!

I've got some fliers all ready, if anyone would like a copy drop me your email address (in a PM or email to [email protected] ) and I will send you one. You can print them out and put them all over the place (of course asking the business owner first).

Also, we will need some volunteers to help hook up the trucks on the dyno throughout the day. If you can do this, please let me know what time you can be there and how long you can stay. You don't have to work the whole time you are there, that is why we need lots of help - so that nobody gets stuck doing it all day long!

Hope to see you all there!!! (Remember, even if you don't plan on dynoing your truck, come on by and check it all out. Also, if you have a stock truck, this is a great time to get some baseline numbers!)

Shay

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Greeley Automotive Machine presents the "SuperFlow Lie Detector Dyno Day". Come show us what you've got!!

This is an all diesel pickup truck dyno event at Greeley Automotive Machine (GAM), 404 - 8th Ave, Greeley, Colorado on Saturday, April 22nd. The rollers will start at 8am and run til we're done!

The cost is $40 per hook up. You get 3 good pulls, no changing parts or components on the dyno (quick flip chips are fine). First come, first serve. We are working on a food vendor, videos to watch (if you got some great truck videos, bring em on down - VHS or DVD) and some other side things going on beside the dyno runs. All makes and performance levels of diesel trucks are invited to join in on the fun!

I've got some fliers all ready, if anyone would like a copy drop me your email address (in a PM or email to [email protected] ) and I will send you one. You can print them out and put them all over the place (of course asking the business owner first).

Also, we will need some volunteers to help hook up the trucks on the dyno throughout the day. If you can do this, please let me know what time you can be there and how long you can stay. You don't have to work the whole time you are there, that is why we need lots of help - so that nobody gets stuck doing it all day long!

Hope to see you all there!!! (Remember, even if you don't plan on dynoing your truck, come on by and check it all out. Also, if you have a stock truck, this is a great time to get some baseline numbers!)

Shay
I'll go for moral support, I won't be running the truck for the same reasons last year but I'll be more than willing to come down and hang out with everyone!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot, what were the reasons last year??

I hope some of the other Dmax guys will come out too!

Also, I'm on the lookout for a food vendor for lunch.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Is this the one that everyone got in a fuss about not running their own truck?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Can I get one pull for 1/3rd the cost??:D

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you are right DD. I am usually so busy at these deals that I tend to forget over time what happened.:confused: Probably a good thing for me.:D

I can assure you that the person who will be running the dyno is very capable. He has run many trucks (all different makes and performance levels) on this dyno and has one himself. Keeping one person running the dyno the whole day "helps" to keep the results a bit more consistent, as well as giving the dyno owner a little more piece of mind knowing that somebody competent is behind the wheel/button. My husband and I have a fair amount of money in our trucks, and neither one of us has any problem at all with this person running our trucks.

In the end it is up to each of you. Most people do not have a problem with it, indicated to me by the 60+ trucks we dyno at an event. We have some of the largest dyno events in the country, by the way. People from all over call to get the details on how we set ours up here in Colorado.

Nice try Jaz....;)

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
I may have to come down and see what kind of #'s my Ranch truck can lay down :D . Maybe by next year I'll have twins :eek: .

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
No big deal, I'll still be there to watch everyone else, maybe I'll come down for a fuel only run, that way I don't have to spend all day explaining which button and switch does what. At least that way you guys will at least have a chance!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No big deal, I'll still be there to watch everyone else, maybe I'll come down for a fuel only run, that way I don't have to spend all day explaining which button and switch does what. At least that way you guys will at least have a chance!!
You're a funny little man Wade.;) What happens if that ponytailed boss of your's shows up? He just might beat ya.:eek: And last year he didn't seem to care who drove his truck (he also didn't seem to care paying twice as much to dyno as everyone else, so he could get done sooner):h It just so happened that the person that he paid to take their spot in line worked out to be my hubby. Gotta love it!:) ).

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
You're a funny little man Wade.;) What happens if that ponytailed boss of your's shows up? He just might beat ya.:eek: And last year he didn't seem to care who drove his truck (he also didn't seem to care paying twice as much to dyno as everyone else, so he could get done sooner):h It just so happened that the person that he paid to take their spot in line worked out to be my hubby. Gotta love it!:) ).
He's also got the money to replace the broken parts such as a $12,000 motor job!!! :D

Sorry the only person my truck is allowed to give a boner to is me, I'm a little picky who gets to take my girl on those kinda rides :thumb: .

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I'm with ya on not being able to afford a new engine right now. I cringe now and then about the thought of one of ours blowing chunks. We'd be SOL. But, I guess doing what we are all doing, you had better face up to the realities that it's not IF, but WHEN!

I'm actually pretty shocked that yours has held this long Wade. I thought it would be my boat anchor by this spring.....Glad it's not.

By the way DMAX GUYS, we do need volunteers to help strap down trucks for a bit during this day. If you can help us out, please post here.

Thanks,
Shay

·
Whipper Snapper
4,490 Posts
I'll see how the schedule is looking as this gets closer but I'm going to plan on making the trip. You guys definitely put on some of the best dyno days I attend.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
just remember Chad no excuses... time to give the baby its bottle :D

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chad,
It would be great to see you again, it's been a long time. Do you still have your first truck?? I don't see it in your sig.....

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I don't know if you had a chance to look at the ole sig lately but I have a big hair dryer on the truck now with Stoker Smoker written all over it ):h ):h . So now I can put a big whoopin on you folks with and without the drugs!!! ;)

I did a compression test on the truck last weekend and I may not have any problems after all, everything tested out just fine, we'll see how much she's got left in her. :ro) :ro)

Cheers,
Wade

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
That's just wrong Wade,you hog all the power :D .If I can find some "extra" $$$$ I may just get some twins and some more fuel and see if I can catch you ):h ,but then again I need a reliable truck for at least 250k even though I plan to buy second one.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
That's just wrong Wade,you hog all the power :D .If I can find some "extra" $$$$ I may just get some twins and some more fuel and see if I can catch you ):h ,but then again I need a reliable truck for at least 250k even though I plan to buy second one.
:grd:

Over time with the right mods you should own the Dyno events. The manual's put down much better numbers when they can get the power to the ground. But at the track is another story, come down and play in April when Bandimere opens and see how quick you can shift that thing!!

Cheers,
Wade

·
Registered
489 Posts
No worries Shay there will be some Dmaxes there for sure! Keep your eye out for 06 F-250 with 8in lift white on custom copper metallic. It is my nephew's truck he just got the lift on it the other day...not bad lookin for a ford...shhh don't tell anyone i said that. He lives between Windsor and Severance and is in Greeley all the time. Were you guy's at buds muffler a weekend or two ago?

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
SHAYB: Do you have Oregon plates on your EX? I was in Collins yesterday and a lady in a white lifted,mod's EX that fit the description of your's was trying to race me.It was kinda fun but I didn't have had room to really smoke it. :rolleyes: Too much trafic.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nope good ole Colorado plates and mine is black. There is another black lifted one in Loveland, but with out of state plates as well.

To know it is me, you just have to look for my BTS sticker on the my back windshield. Plus I've got the 06 front end and cowl hood now.:D

But, it does sound like something I would do!

And yes, we were at Bud's a few weekends ago. We did a club mod day there. I will keep an eye out for your nephew, sounds like a hard truck to miss. Plus I do end up in Greeley every once in awhile.

And speaking of nephews and Bud's.....someone from here had a nephew come down to Bud's during our club mod day. He ended up getting some work done on his Dmax (I made sure they gave him our club special pricing for the day, so I think he was pretty happy). What a nice kid. He ask if I was Shay and introduced himself. I told him about the dyno day, so hopefully he will show up there too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts