Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to convince my dad to install marine injectors in our 97 Gmc k3500 VIN "F". Is there any good points that I could use to try and get him to put them in the truck versus the stock/oem injectors. Also could somebody try and find me a wiring diagram for the PCM. Thanks Mike

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Your just wasting your dads money by going with the marine injectors. They dont add 40hp, dont believe what you read about those gains. The IP is what controls the fuel rates/flow.

All you need is a new or rebuilt set of genuine bosch injectors all set to 2300psi pop pressures.

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,827 Posts
x2.

Also, if you are talking about the cheap marine injector at ebay, don't do it.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I'm trying to convince my dad to install marine injectors in our 97 Gmc k3500 VIN "F". Is there any good points that I could use to try and get him to put them in the truck versus the stock/oem injectors. Also could somebody try and find me a wiring diagram for the PCM. Thanks Mike
1. They cost more than standard injectors.:eek:
2. They don't deliver as promised as Jorge stated.:confused:
3. They are probably built of inferior parts that will fail sooner (Unless genuine Bosch...good luck with that).:(
4. When the do fail, you'll have more than a hole in your wallet to deal with.:mad:
Let me know if any of this is helping....:p:

Did you want just the pin out references for the PCM or was there a particular function you're interested in.

·
6.5TD Post Addict
9,886 Posts
The fact of the matter is that marine injectors are of little to NO VALUE unless you pair them with the marine IP.

A tuned ECM will give you bigger gains in every sense,provided you have done all the other groundwork first:
cooling system upgrades
exhuast upgrades
Intake improvements
PMD relocation
feed the beast
ect.

·
Just Horsing Around
17,557 Posts
X2 all the above. Don't get sucked into the "Marine injectors OMG OMG OMG 50 extr horsepower!!!1!" Hype. The injectors don't control the fuel flow to the engine, the IP does.

A new set of QUALITY injectors and a tune will do much, much more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All right thank guys for the information, and the only things we have done are the PMD relocation with the cooler and the intake and exhaust. We are way overdue on the injectors so that is why I asked. Now about the PCM wiring diagram, my dad wants it so when we do a high idle switch he knows what he is plugging into and so he isn't going to screw him self over and cause serious damage.

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,827 Posts
All right thank guys for the information, and the only things we have done are the PMD relocation with the cooler and the intake and exhaust. We are way overdue on the injectors so that is why I asked. Now about the PCM wiring diagram, my dad wants it so when we do a high idle switch he knows what he is plugging into and so he isn't going to screw him self over and cause serious damage.
Just buy a good set of Bosch Injector (Genuine) because there are a lot of chinese immitation.

On the high idle, you don't need a whole diagram.
Just go to the FAQ, there is a direction exactly where to tap for the high idle mod.

·
6.5TD Post Addict
9,886 Posts
Also how beneficial is the Feed the Beast 2.0 modification?
If you intend to get a performance tune it is likely worth the effort,it may be a benefit to a regular truck as well since you know you have btter quality line under the intake.

From the FAQ for high idle:
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230913

Consult the faq often when you have questions,there are a great many shortcuts to information there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts