Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Whipper Snapper
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Respond to this thread with submissions for the March 2006 Truck of the Month contest. Information on submitting your truck can be found here.

Submissions must be made by: Tuesday, March 14

Voting will take place: March 15 - March 31

(Submission and voting times are both cut down this month due to a late start)

·
Registered
225 Posts
2005 Silverado 2500hd LT
Engine
Duramax 6.6 LLY
PPE Xcellerator
MBRP stainless straight piped w/ 5” tip
Suspension
Cognito Motorsports 7”
Tubular upper control arms
Dual shock hoops
“Green” keys
Body
All stock badges removed
Billet Badges
Black clear corner headlights
Tahoe painted door handles
Inyati sprayed-in
3% tint
Wheels/Tires
37x13.50x17 Nitto MudGrapplers
on
17” MotoMetal 951s

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

This is my 2005 Sierra HD riding on 22x9.5" Weld Evo Velocity 8 wheels. They are wrapped with 305/45/22 Nitto NT 404 tires. A GMC "work truck" grill shell was sanded smooth and painted to match. This treatment was also given to the factory mirror shells, door handles and flares. A Precision Stainless grill now resides in the center of the shell. 6000k HID lights take care of the low and high beams. The fog lights are wired to come on with the low beams. Both of them stay on when the high beams are activated (yes, just like day light!). A Suncoast Creations ram air hood was modified before going onto the truck. The heat extractors were cut out and the holes were filled before the paint was applied.

A Rhinoliner spray in bedliner helps protect the bed and rails when things are tossed in. This is durable and stands up good to regular use.

This truck is as a tow vehicle so it goes on a few road trips during the year. I set it up to make the time (and miles) go by faster. A Kenwood DDX7015 in dash receiver controls most of the entertainment functions. It has many features including a 6.5"-wide, 16:9 touch screen display, DVD-Video/CD/MP3/WMA playback, 24-bit digital-to-analog converters, and a GUI on-screen interface with touch screen control. The fully-motorized 6.5"-wide LCD screen slides down for disc loading, then returns to one of 6 user-selected angles for optimum viewing. 9" Vizualogic screens are built into the front headrests. A Microsoft X-Box provides many hours of game playing fun. Sirius satellite radio insures that I don't lose any channels when traveling and a back-up camera is mounted just about the hitch. This works extremely well when hooking up a trailer by myself. No getting in and out 5 or 10 times to back onto the ball. I also had one of these mounted at the rear of my car hauler. This way I can see what is going on behind me.

All of the badges have been removed to give it a clean look. Performance upgrades include a Volant induction, MBRP Cool Dual exhaust, Edge with Attitude stacked with a Predator programmer. I usually just use the Predator for tuning and Attiude to monitor. A Suncoast Stage V transmission and triple disk converter allows all of this power to make it to the rear wheels.

The next upgrade will be the front/rear Wilwood brake packages. The front will have 16" rotors (yes, the rotors are as big as the stock wheels!) with 6 piston calipers. There will be 13" rotors out back. 4 pistons will take care of the work back there. All of the calipers will be powdercoated red. This will greatly increase stopping power and look good behind the wheels too! I actually have the fronts ready to go on. Wilwood ended up boxing the wrong kit for the rear and then they found that there is a problem with the rear kit that is supposed to be used. That one might be redesigned to also have 16" rotors.

·
Banned
735 Posts

2003 2500 Crew Cab,LBZ . 10" Third Coast lift, 38"x 15.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ radials on 20x10 Mazzi "Hulk". Trac. bars, Dual shocks, painted interior,Reverse camera, list goes on and on. I dont have a lot of patience like TByrne to list them all!

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
~~~SoCal Ride~~~

Chevy CC/SB/4x4
Duramax 6.6L LB7
Engine:
  • 6.6L Diesel LB7
Turbocharger:
  • YES - stocker
Fuel & Tuning:
  • HyperTech on level 3
  • VOLANT air intake
  • Homemade lower air ram
  • Fuel additives full time.
Exhaust:
  • MBRP frontpipe (thx Clyde)
  • BANKS cat-back
Drivetrain/Transmission:
  • 4x4
  • Stock ALLY
  • Mobil 1 syn 75w90 in both diffs
  • Mobil 1 syn ATF in transfer case
Weight reduction & transfer:
  • N/A
Suspension, wheels & tires:
  • 7inch ProComp
  • 16x8 Weld EVO Velociti 8
  • 315/75/16 BFG AT KO
Interior:
  • BOSE Y91 Lux Touchscreen NAV, CDX and Amp from Escalade
  • Complete tint (factory matched up front)
Exterior:
  • WESTIN chrome nerfs
  • Black bow tie
  • Billet grill
  • VR tailgate straps
  • CIPA slip-on tow mirrors
  • Window stickers
Coming Soon:
  • Rear tweeters --- UPDATE: (3/4 of the way done...I think everyone will like this mod)
  • Some type of video
  • Different power mod
SoCal Style !!!
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/garage.php?do=view&g=276

·
Registered
1,704 Posts

Engine:

Stock LB7

Turbocharger:

Stock

Fuel & Tuning:

Edge Hot Juice W/ Attitude

Exhaust:

Jegs 4" Stainless

Drivetrain/Transmission:

Stock (for now) Allison

Suspension, wheels & tires:

6" RCD; 16x10 Xtreme Alloys; 315/75/16 BFG's

Exterior:
Custom 4" cowl hood; white grill; clear tail lights

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
The truck is an 05 LLY LT 4 by 4 with 22 inch Alba Grips wrapped with Toyo Proxes 245/55/22. Extra power is added by the Edge Juice w/ attitude (custom attitude mount):cool2: , AFE stage 2 with custom cold air intake ( pics soon), MBRP 4" no cat and a 5" tip. Inside the truck I have a Valentine 1 radar detector (I cant drive without it:badidea: ) Sirius Satelite Radio, and for the tunes I have a single JL 12 w3 with a Rockford amp all mounted under the seat in a :ro) Sub Thump box. The side mouldings are removed, and a chrome billet grille is installed. The truck mainly gets used to tow a 31 Contender Openfisherman, as well as a daily driver.:grd:

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
March

GMC
Duramax 6.6L LLY
Engine:
  • Duramax 6.6L LLY
  • AFE Proguard 7
Turbocharger:
  • BD Turbo ):h