Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ScanGauge now and it will read Manifold-Absolute-Pressure and I was wondering if this is the same as boost? Seems it is right around 12 when driving around town.

Anyone know where I can get a list of codes for the truck to keep on hand when I get SES light in the truck? This system will read the codes that is why I am asking.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I have the scan gauge as well. I believe that if you subtract 15lbs from the MAP reading you will be reading the approximate boost. Actual boost would be MAP reading minus actual atmospheric pressure which is 14.7lbs/sq in. at sea level.

·
Registered
269 Posts
How do you guys like that scanguage? can you use it for pyro display also?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
How do you guys like that scanguage? can you use it for pyro display also?
I love mine, but it doesn't read EGT. That is the one thing I wish it could do. It will read stuff from available over the OBD2 port. It can be set to read up to 4 parameters in the guage mode, you can select from rpm, speed, Intake air temp, water temp, MAP (boost), % engine load, instantaneous mpg, fuel use in gal/hr, battery voltage, and a bunch more. The trip mode gives probably everything available through the steering wheel controls, avg mpg, avg mph, fuel used, distance traveled, time traveled, fuel to empty, miles to empty, time to empty, peak rpm, peak speed, ....The same info is available for either the tank since fill up, or for the day, or since you started a given trip.

AND it will read error codes, AND you can use it on almost any vehicle with and OBD2 port, AND you can calibrate the fuel guage so it read accurate even with a programmer,

The only downside is that the box is pretty plain jane looking, but you can't beat the price $125 IIRC.

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
I have the scan gauge as well. I believe that if you subtract 15lbs from the MAP reading you will be reading the approximate boost. Actual boost would be MAP reading minus actual atmospheric pressure which is 14.7lbs/sq in. at sea level.
Good post :)

I did want to point out that almost none of us live at 14.7. The average Joe lives at about 14 psi. If you are in Denver, more like 12 psi. Those would be the numbers to subtract

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
does this work on the lbz motor thanks
It should. It works with virtually all OBD2 vehicles. Drop them an email and they will answer pretty quick. I had the same question for my LLY and they responded quickly to my email.

http://www.scangauge.com/

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I live at the ocean.. Well right across the street and I saw 12.x yesterday... Tonight I saw about 16.x driving down the highway...

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
They have the Scanguage II out now. Much smaller and better looking. Same functions.

Should work on the LBZ.

I just got one on my 06 LLY and works fine.

I still will get a normal boost and EGT guage later.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts