Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the MAP sensor location the same as the LBZ's if not where would I find it?

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
map or maf?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Map

·
Registered
991 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well mabey I'm confused. I was reading in the new diesel power magazine that the MAP sensor should be cleaned every so often (thats what I got out of it anyway). So I'm trying to get to the MAP sensor to clean it. Is this still where I go in to find it? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
I think what you are looking for is on the intake tube, near the filter, like a black rectangle with one or two screws?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I think what you are looking for is on the intake tube, near the filter, like a black rectangle with one or two screws?
No, I've cleaned the MAF sensor already, the MAP sensor or manifold absolute pressure sensor atleast what the magazine says that it gets covered with soot and should be cleaned once in a while. The LBZ's have them, mabey the LLY's don't.

·
Ride, shoot straight, and speak the truth.
4,261 Posts
LLY's have a MAP sensor....they all have it. As Shadow1 said, its in the valley on an intake runner. Use the boost stick install instructions to find the connecter and you will then find the sensor.

If you are not having any boost problems, then I wouldn't worry about it. It doesn't NEED to be cleaned. So if it's not broke, don't fix it.

Sent from my EVO using Autoguide App.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.