Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Duramax
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I’m relatively new to the forum. I have a 2017 3/4 Silverado with 69k miles.
I’ve had the truck for a month and a half and had a check engine light come twice for P026D now.
I love the truck, but I’ve had to clean the map sensor twice to clear the code. It has not done a force regen, and no other issues.
I’m just curious if you guys are cleaning yours as often as well.

thanks

·
Administrator
19,707 Posts
Hey guys, I’m relatively new to the forum. I have a 2017 3/4 Silverado with 69k miles.
I’ve had the truck for a month and a half and had a check engine light come twice for P026D now.
I love the truck, but I’ve had to clean the map sensor twice to clear the code. It has not done a force regen, and no other issues.
I’m just curious if you guys are cleaning yours as often as well.

thanks
Welcome to DieselPlace

It might be worthwhile to replace that MAP sensor with an OEM part
(y)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks OkDually!
I thought the same thing so I did purchase an OEM sensor and installed it on August 12th, and it threw the code again yesterday.

·
Administrator
19,707 Posts
Thanks OkDually!
I thought the same thing so I did purchase an OEM sensor and installed it on August 12th, and it threw the code again yesterday.
Are you using an aftermarket filter or Cold air intake?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No. The truck is completely stock. I'm buying fuel consistently from an Exxon station that tractor trailers use, so I know the fuel is getting turned over, and not sitting.

·
Administrator
19,707 Posts
No. The truck is completely stock. I'm buying fuel consistently from an Exxon station that tractor trailers use, so I know the fuel is getting turned over, and not sitting.
I would check the MAF next, then NoX1 and NoX 2 sensors

·
Premium Member
18,145 Posts
Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys!
The sensor has been loaded with soot both times, so I guess I’ll start with replacing the nox1 sensor.
I’m pulling my camper to Erie this weekend, maybe a hard run up the mountains will help clear the soot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Being new to the diesels I just don’t understand all of the soot buildup. Is this normal? Or could I be looking at a deeper problem.
Again thank you guys for the help

·
Administrator
19,707 Posts
Being new to the diesels I just don’t understand all of the soot buildup. Is this normal? Or could I be looking at a deeper problem.
Again thank you guys for the help
Are you using any fuel additives?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stanadyne

·
Administrator
19,707 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I’ll cut that out and see how it goes. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
18,145 Posts
P026D: Injection Quantity Too High

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
P026D: Injection Quantity Too High
When I researched the code it pointed me to the MAP sensor. Are you saying it could be a different problem?

·
Premium Member
18,145 Posts
When I researched the code it pointed me to the MAP sensor. Are you saying it could be a different problem?
Read post #53 pdf in the the link I posted above
Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was getting it dozens of times per day. Cleaned my MAP sensor twice, even though it wasn't visibly soiled at all. Made no difference. If I put the truck in N at stop lights, it doesn't come on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was getting it dozens of times per day. Cleaned my MAP sensor twice, even though it wasn't visibly soiled at all. Made no difference. If I put the truck in N at stop lights, it doesn't come on.
What was the ultimate fix?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Put it in neutral when I stop.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts