Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guaranteed it has been done but my search results suck.

Its on an LLY. Currently I have the DIC and can turn it on and off using that. But, is it possible to wire it up to a switch so I can just flick on the switch and it goes on high idle, switch it off and back to normal idle?

I guess another thing I could try is using efi live. Change the parameters for temperature so that no matter what the temp (ambient or coolant) is that when I turn it on it comes on.

Whats everybody's thoughts on this? I want it so I can have high idle whenever I want, not limited by temperatures.

Its not that I let my truck idle for very long ever. But its always better to have it on high idle to prevent bearing damage and what not. Is there any other problems I would have, like heating up on a warm day if I got it on high idle?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Somebody got any input?

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
could hook your switch up to a resistor or power source, whichever one would give the desired result, that runs to the temperature sensor, so when you kick your switch on it would send a really cold value from the temperature sensor to the computer. unowatimsayin?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya, That kind of the shoddy rigged way of doing it though. I thought I recalled reading about guys hooking up manual high idles somehow. I'll search some more.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
On Kennedy's website, there are instructions on how to run a wire from brake pedal switch to the ECM to get high idle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts